Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peppapig14
    • By peppapig14 12th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 0Thanks
    peppapig14
    Tax credits and dla
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    Tax credits and dla 12th Mar 18 at 3:19 PM
    I currently claim tax credits, where I recieve a premium as i recieve dla at the highest rate for my young daughter.
    My child dla is uo for renewal in July, and there is a possibility it will be downgraded to the lower rate.
    I will need ro inform tax credits, and my question is: as the tax credit amount will change will it end my claim and trigger universal credit claim
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 12th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 2,763 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    I currently claim tax credits, where I recieve a premium as i recieve dla at the highest rate for my young daughter.
    My child dla is uo for renewal in July, and there is a possibility it will be downgraded to the lower rate.
    I will need ro inform tax credits, and my question is: as the tax credit amount will change will it end my claim and trigger universal credit claim
    Originally posted by peppapig14
    No that won't. However, if you receive Carers Allowance and Income Support and your daughters DLA Care drops to low rate then you won't be entitled to CA. If you don't have a child under 5 then your Income Support will stop, this would then be a change to Universal Credit if your area is a full UC area.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 12th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 2,763 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    Link here for what triggers a claim for UC, if your area is a full UC area.
    https://www.welfare-benefits-unit.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/What-triggers-a-claim-for-Universal-Credit-in-a-full-service-area.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,223Posts Today

8,013Users online

Martin's Twitter