Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aj23
    • By aj23 12th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    • 539Posts
    • 184Thanks
    aj23
    Help to Buy ISA Transfer to Lifetime ISA
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    Help to Buy ISA Transfer to Lifetime ISA 12th Mar 18 at 2:54 PM
    Santander transferred my money from my Help to Buy ISA to my Lifetime ISA with Skipton Building Society on the 7th March last week and I've had a letter from Santander confirming the transfer, but the money hasn't been deposited to the Lifetime ISA yet.

Anyone else had this? If it's in neither of my accounts, where is the money?!
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    Santander transferred my money from my Help to Buy ISA to my Lifetime ISA with Skipton Building Society on the 7th March last week and I've had a letter from Santander confirming the transfer, but the money hasn't been deposited to the Lifetime ISA yet.

Anyone else had this? If it's in neither of my accounts, where is the money?!
    Originally posted by aj23
    They can't send it direct to your account as Skipton aren't a clearing bank. It's up to Skipton to credit the money to your account. I'm in the same boat and they informed me that the money should be in there by the end of the month as there's a backlog.
    • Riff Raff
    • By Riff Raff 12th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Riff Raff
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    I transferred in January before the rush and there were a few days when the money didn't appear in either account. I wouldn't worry. They must be extremely busy.
    • aj23
    • By aj23 13th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    aj23
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    They can't send it direct to your account as Skipton aren't a clearing bank. It's up to Skipton to credit the money to your account. I'm in the same boat and they informed me that the money should be in there by the end of the month as there's a backlog.
    Originally posted by Ed-1
    I know, that's why I said Skipton haven't deposited the transfer.

I thought the transfer actually happened quite quick. I posted my form on 1st March and they confirmed it on the 2nd and Santander transferred on the 7th.
    • aj23
    • By aj23 16th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    aj23
    • 16th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 16th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    I sent them a secure message about a cheque that they hadn't deposited for five days yesterday and they said they have a large backlog of cheque deposits for Lifetime ISA's so that is why they are taking a long time to make the transfer deposits.
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 16th Mar 18, 10:08 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    peter_333
    • 16th Mar 18, 10:08 AM
    • 16th Mar 18, 10:08 AM
    I did my transfer from Nutmeg to Skipton a few months ago, and even then it took a good few days to turn up. Hold tight. It'll get there.
    • aj23
    • By aj23 19th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    aj23
    • 19th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    • 19th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    Santander sent a cheque to Skipton Building Society and Skipton deposited the transfer amount yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin