Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Weasel_Watcher
    • By Weasel_Watcher 12th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Weasel_Watcher
    NTD from LPS (Local Parking Security Ltd)
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    NTD from LPS (Local Parking Security Ltd) 12th Mar 18 at 2:34 PM
    Driver suffered a flat tyre and had to abandon the car in the closest car park. It was dark and the driver was not aware that the car park was a Pay and Display operation - in fact it was a pub car park, so the driver assumed it was free.

Upon arranging for a recovery truck and returning to the vehicle, driver surprised to see NTD on windscreen.

The company is LPS (Local Parking Security Ltd). Looked them up and they're BPA members, so hopefully this can be beaten at POPLA.

The driver has taken photos of the signage, and of the flat tyre. Keeper is all ready to sit this out until day 25/26 and submit the blue template as per the newbies thread.

However, wondering whether there's something more here.

1) The NTD is headed "EXCESS CHARGE NOTICE". Isn't this only permitted by local authorities and police? Can this be used against them?
Page 2
    • Weasel_Watcher
    • By Weasel_Watcher 8th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Weasel_Watcher
    Hi folks,

Just giving this a bump.

It's now day 58 and no NTK has been received at The Keeper's address (correctly registered with the DVLA).

Kind of a bit worried because there's also been no sign of a POPLA appeal code number via email either, and the only correspondence has been that original rejection.

I know they've not followed PoFA 2012 by not sending an NTK and I also know (from research here) that their NTK isn't PoFA compliant anyway. Hence, what would be preferable, is to get a POPLA code, beat them there and be done with it, rather than having this at the back of the mind for six long years. Plus the worry that moving addressess in that time, can inadvertently get you landed with a CCJ - ridiculous really, but there you are.

So, I intend to send that second email demanding a POPLA code

FAO Appeals Department,

Parking Charge Notice: <xxx>

Please confirm whether or not your email received on 10th April 2018 constitutes a rejection of my appeal. If so, please provide me, the keeper, with a POPLA appeal code number as your code of practice instructs.

Sincerely,

<Keeper name>

Should I add anything else like let them know that it's now too late to send a PoFA compliant NTK, so that they have lost any chance to hold the keeper liable? Or just keep things short and succint?

Thanks again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 57,452 Posts
    • 71,051 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Keep it short!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Weasel_Watcher
    • By Weasel_Watcher 14th May 18, 5:40 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Weasel_Watcher
    Just to keep you up to date, the keeper sent the following email;
    Parking Charge Notice: PCN xxx

Please confirm whether or not your email which was received on 9th April 2018 constitutes a rejection of my appeal. If so, please provide me, the keeper, with a POPLA appeal code number as your code of practice instructs.

Sincerely,

<keeper name>
    <keeper address>

---------------------------------------------------------
    Received the following reply on Friday 11-May-2018

Dear <keeper name>,

Parking charge notice: xxxx

Thank you for your email dated: 9th May 2018

We advise that <car park name> operates as a pay and display system for all car park users, this is clearly stated on all signs located throughout the car park.

As no ticket was purchased or displayed the above parking charge notice was correctly issued.

Thank you for your appeal against the parking charge notice issued by us to you on the 12th March 2018. Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we regret your appeal has been unsuccessful for the following reasons:

!!!8226; Parking without displaying a valid ticket

You now have a number of options:

1. Pay the parking charge Notice at the reduced amount of 50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the parking charge notice will increase to 85.00.

2. Make an appeal to POPLA !!!8211; The independent Appeals Service by visiting www.popla.co.uk and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of 50.00, and should POPLA!!!8217;s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of 85.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

If you wish to appeal to POPLA, please submit your appeal online by visiting www.popla.co.uk .
    When submitting your appeal to POPLA, please use verification code xxx
    Please note that you have 28 days from the date of this email to submit your appeal to POPLA.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org/) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above

Yours Sincerely

Appeals Department
    Local Parking Security Ltd.
    PO Box 6321
    Warwick
    Warwickshire
    CV34 9QB
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

So, keeper has finally received the POPLA code. Over the next few days the wording of the POPLA appeal will be worked on and posted here.

I'm quietly confident as there was no NTK ever served, and from googling this PPC, their NTKs aren't PoFA 2012 compliant anyway. I'm hoping this consitutes a golden ticket in itself, but just in case (and also to inconvenience the PPC as much as possible), will make sure the appeal is a comprehensive one.
    Last edited by Weasel_Watcher; 14-05-2018 at 6:46 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 57,452 Posts
    • 71,051 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm quietly confident as there was no NTK ever served,
    You are right to be confident, then! You can't lose.
    (and also to inconvenience the PPC as much as possible), will make the appeal is a comprehensive one.
    I agree, and part of the reason for the kitchen sink POPLA appeals is to make it hard for the scumbag parking firms.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,895Posts Today

4,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin