Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IMZ106
    • By IMZ106 12th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    IMZ106
    Gladstones Solicitors Letter
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    Gladstones Solicitors Letter 12th Mar 18 at 2:08 PM
    Hi All, I am new to the forum so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. I moved into my house in September 2017, the parking here is enforced by CPM and requires a permit to be displayed in your car when using the designated bays. I had been chasing up the permit since moving into the address, contacting CPM directly to obtain a permit only to be told they don't issue the permits for this area, which is incorrect as confirmed by my estate agents and managing estate for the area. I have email trails to confirm the communication even. In October I got hit with a fine for not displaying a permit, on the advice of a friend I ignored the ticket and sent an appeal in the post but never heard anything back. The permits were issued by CPM in November and arrived in the post. I have now received a letter in the post from Gladstones Solicitors which refers to the 'Beavis v Parking Eye [2015]' and the letter states their client now has the option to commence Civil Court proceedings.
    The charge has risen from 100 to 160.

I am planning to respond but I don't really know where to start, can anyone please help? If there is a template could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    the parking here is enforced by CPM and requires a permit to be displayed in your car

Only if your lease/AST says so, otherwise it is almost certainly a scam.

Read here

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-tickets/

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, COM, Smart,s and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 12-03-2018 at 2:21 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 17,562 Posts
    • 27,763 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    All actions you need to take are detailed in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. The sticky is near the top of the forum thread list, just one page back from this one. Just hit your 'back' button to get to the thread list page.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,927 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    Yep the template is in the NEWBIES thread (post #2, letters for replying to a LBCCC) unless this letter asks for payment to Debt Recovery Plus, which is NOT a LBCCC.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74004679&highlight=remylou#post74 004679

Please always double check the NEWBIES thread and also search the forum for your letter, using a couple of keywords. It's quicker than asking on a thread for us to repeat the things we've already posted hundreds of times. A search will find any letter, like I posted there in a link.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-03-2018 at 9:11 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 7,317 Posts
    • 9,750 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    Hi All, I am new to the forum so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. I moved into my house in September 2017, the parking here is enforced by CPM and requires a permit to be displayed in your car when using the designated bays. I had been chasing up the permit since moving into the address, contacting CPM directly to obtain a permit only to be told they don't issue the permits for this area, which is incorrect as confirmed by my estate agents and managing estate for the area. I have email trails to confirm the communication even. In October I got hit with a fine for not displaying a permit, on the advice of a friend I ignored the ticket and sent an appeal in the post but never heard anything back. The permits were issued by CPM in November and arrived in the post. I have now received a letter in the post from Gladstones Solicitors which refers to the 'Beavis v Parking Eye [2015]' and the letter states their client now has the option to commence Civil Court proceedings.
    The charge has risen from 100 to 160.

I am planning to respond but I don't really know where to start, can anyone please help? If there is a template could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by IMZ106
    Welcome to the scam world.

CPM are members of the scam club set up by Gladstones
    Solicitors who are now firmly in the eyes of government

This letter from Gladstones, who do they ask you pay ????

The point about Gladstones is that they reside in the lower
    life of the legal system and are proven incompetent

READ ALL ABOUT GLADSTONES INCOMPETENCE
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=GLADSTONES
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-03-2018 at 9:10 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

420Posts Today

4,985Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin