Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 12th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 5,362Posts
    • 7,524Thanks
    deannatrois
    Time to choose appliances - Suggestions?
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    Time to choose appliances - Suggestions? 12th Mar 18 at 2:08 PM
    Ok, can't quite believe it but after 9 months of living with a fally apart kitchen in a council property (literally cupboard doors falling off in my hands lol) I have been approved for an adapted kitchen because of my special needs. I won't be paying for the kitchen (thank god) but will have to pay for appliances. Nothing complicated but part of the problem has been because of arthritis I need a built in double oven as I can't bend easily. Need something not too complicated but that works and has some kind of self cleaning lining if possible but I can do without that, just easier on my hands (which are also arthritic) if I could have it.

It will have to be electric, fan preferred and accurate (last built-in I bought ran at 20 degrees C above the dial reading and didn't seem to be consistent, was awful to use). I also need a ceramic hob.

I love baking so can't wait to get back to my old ways.

But I have looked and looked and no particular cooker leaps out at me. It can't be one of the really expensive ones (like 600 plus) as I also have to buy a fridge freezer (big as possible). Would prefer to spend in the 400's.

Does anyone have any ideas of good reliable makes/models that don't require a degree to use and aren't really really expensive?

I plan to sell my expensive gas/electric cooker to help (it seems anything with a liner is quite expensive). I should get 100 plus for it, hopefully. Plus a few other things.

The fitters said second hand wasn't a good idea as they wouldn't install anything that didn't pass their standards, otherwise I'd have just gotten second hand. it is a bit of a worry because I have very restricted income. Saving as hard as I can.
    Last edited by deannatrois; 12-03-2018 at 2:12 PM.
Page 1
    • JEN22
    • By JEN22 12th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    JEN22
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    I would always have Siemens now. Used to have all Neff but the new ovens are floored with problems. inaccurate temps doors exploding bulbs exploding ect ect
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 16,788 Posts
    • 17,797 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    the new ovens are floored with problems.
    Originally posted by JEN22
    I would hope they're floored with metal, even if they're flawed with problems.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 12th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 1,958 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    I would always have Siemens now. Used to have all Neff but the new ovens are floored with problems.
    Originally posted by JEN22
    Probably made in the same factory.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 12th Mar 18, 4:07 PM
    • 5,362 Posts
    • 7,524 Thanks
    deannatrois
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:07 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:07 PM
    Siemens look a little bit expensive for me, 2-4 times my budget.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,535Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin