Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jct1266
    • By jct1266 12th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jct1266
    HSBC PPI Claim
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    HSBC PPI Claim 12th Mar 18 at 2:03 PM
    Hello I wonder if anyone can advise me or had experienced this at all please?

I had a loan with HSBC that had PPI, I contacted them and they said because the account was closed more than 7 years ago, they could not help me, as they kept no records (i didn't have the account number). I then contacted a ppt agent who wrote to them and who were told by HSBC that there was an account that had ppi. I only ever had one loan with HSBC with one account, so it has to be the one they told me they couldn't help me with. The ppi agent haven't given me the details as I said i didn't want to pursue it for the moment. Ive got back in touch with HSBC to ask why they can find this info for a third party but not for the account owner and why they told me they didn't have the information, I've done it through secure messages so have i have a record. I contacted them on the 2nd and they said they would forward my message to the correct team and get back to me within 48 hours, I'm still waiting! has anyone else had this? surely it can't be fair or right? I initially asked them about this in 2016!
    Last edited by jct1266; 12-03-2018 at 2:04 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Mar 18, 2:07 PM
    • 16,831 Posts
    • 17,829 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:07 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:07 PM
    It could be both fair and right, depending on how and when the two requests were submitted.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Mar 18, 2:15 PM
    • 92,613 Posts
    • 59,931 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:15 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 2:15 PM
    Banks have been going back over old archived records (non-computer) and bringing it online. So, its quite possible the data was not available in 2016 but is now.

Or it could be that they have both identified that you had an account which may have had PPI on it but there are no records.

Or a few other scenarios.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 20,151 Posts
    • 11,095 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    Ive got back in touch with HSBC to ask why they can find this info for a third party but not for the account owner and why they told me they didn't have the information, I've done it through secure messages so have i have a record.
    Originally posted by jct1266
    Are you expecting some kind of recompense for this? It won't be forthcoming, I'm afraid.

Why aren't you just making a PPI complaint? Or have you already signed a contract with the Claims Company?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin