Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 12th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    CP Plus Fine
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    CP Plus Fine 12th Mar 18 at 12:16 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I would really appreciate any help as I'm finding fighting this fine pretty difficult to start. I received a letter last week to say that they had photos of my car entering and leaving a retail car park for just over 2 hours and because nothing was paid it was a breach of contract. This is now march so 4 months on from the alleged time. The car park in question has always been free after 6:30pm however apparently this changed in November. However, there was a lack of clear signage to show the change of terms and now I am left with a charge of 40 within 14 days or 100 after 21 days. Which template do I use to appeal and do I appeal directly to them first, POPLA first, or both?
    Thank you
    PS there was no windscreen PCN issued
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,294 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    You appeal to them using the blue template in the thread that tells Newbies to read it first.

You can't appeal to POPLA until CP Plus give you a code which they send with your appeal rejection.
    This space for hire.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 2,903 Posts
    • 4,403 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    And it's an invoice not a fine!
    • ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 12th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    So this one?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 35,622 Posts
    • 19,830 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    Yes. .
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 8:06 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:06 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:06 PM
    Sorry but why the new thread?

We are too busy to have time for this regurgitation of the sticky thread. This is all already covered.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-03-2018 at 9:42 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 13th Mar 18, 9:12 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:12 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:12 AM
    Hi C-M,
    No need to be so rude, I read and re-read the NEWBIES forum and still did not understand as the template did not seem to fit my situation so I was checking before I made an appeal that would fail. So sorry I am not as clued up on this subject as you but no one asked you to post on every post like this, I have had plenty of help from others so your response was not needed.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 3,062 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    SO you reed the thread, but ignored the bit that told you NOT to try to make it fit your situation, and also that it is a TEMPLATE for a reason?
    • ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 13th Mar 18, 3:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    Wow sorry for thinking that these forums were here for help and to clear up any misunderstanding!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 3,062 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Keep digging, being snarky at posters is a sure fire way to get help.

Bye.
    • ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 13th Mar 18, 4:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    Seriously? Others have been extremely helpful and that's all I needed. I was not the one who was rude, simply said there was no need to be sharp with me, no I didn't understand which template to use after reading the newbies forum, so I wanted to clarify, these forums are here to help so I really don't see your problem.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 1,742 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    So this one?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,
    Originally posted by ChelseaJasKhan
    had you bothered to check , instead of wanting your hand holding , you would have found that CP Plus are BPA members, asking or threatening section 10 is useless

do NOT ask for a POPLa code , they are obliged to issue one (without being asked) if they deny your appeal

Last edited by twhitehousescat; 13-03-2018 at 5:01 PM.
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Not Scammed
    • By Not Scammed 13th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Not Scammed
    Whooa there.....

Lets not forget who the enemy are.... Hint: It's CP Plus

Can we all agree to reset, start again and lets get another victory over the scammers....
    • ChelseaJasKhan
    • By ChelseaJasKhan 14th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChelseaJasKhan
    Thank you to everyone helping, I may sound thick to most of you but I have never done this before so I have literally no idea on how to appeal. Also I don't want to ask anymore stupid questions but at the start of my appeal it is making me select one of two options:
    1. You are the driver and the PCN you have received contains the correct information
    2. You are not the driver and the PCN you have received contains incorrect information
    I know in the newbies forum it says not to name yourself as the driver but I have to pick one before I can appeal
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 6:20 PM
    • 7,232 Posts
    • 6,743 Thanks
    KeithP
    Clearly you must choose option 2 to avoid stating that you are the driver.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 10:28 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    but I have never done this before
    Nor have any of the OPs here, pretty much to a man/woman. EVERYONE is in the same boat, you are not more needy than the next person.

Just read a few threads, and you will find almost all posters are like you - but most do not regurgitate the sticky thread and ask for what's in it to be said again.

The sticky thread is there for people like you. Read it, use the info. Calm down!

We really cannot spend time repeating it. Come back at POPLA stage but AFTER reading the sticky.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,990Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin