Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elljay
    • By elljay 12th Mar 18, 11:58 AM
    • 774Posts
    • 635Thanks
    elljay
    0 WOW
    What's good and what's not from Boots please?
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:58 AM
    0 WOW
    What's good and what's not from Boots please? 12th Mar 18 at 11:58 AM
    Dear all, I've had a Boots giftcard for 50 hanging around in my purse for ages now but it's not a shop I normally use. I buy make-up/skincare/toiletries etc at Aldi or if I'm feeling flush, Wilkos.

Can anyone recommend what's good and what isn't or if they have offers worth having? I used to like No7 skincare but find the Aldi Lacura every bit as good now so haven't used it for ages.

I thought maybe I'd buy presents with the card but I'm a bit lost really, I'd like to get max value from it.

So what's good, and what's not, from Boots please?

Thanks

EJ
Page 1
    • qsk
    • By qsk 12th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    qsk
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    Boots gift cards use to be good - kind of like cash in their stores. Now they put on so many restrictions (no giftcard, no prescription...) and can't be used online. So useless that I stop giving as gifts.
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 16th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    koalakoala
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    I don't like the no 7 stuff but I do like the time delay
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 16th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 16th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 4:25 PM

I thought maybe I'd buy presents with the card but I'm a bit lost really, I'd like to get max value from it.
    Originally posted by elljay
    Save it until the post Christmas 70% off sale next year , giving you presents for Christmas 2019
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 18th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    • 20,142 Posts
    • 33,332 Thanks
    Spendless
    • 18th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    • 18th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    Shame you didn't use it a few months ago. After Christmas Boots gift sets that have been on 3 for 2 for Christmas, go to 50% off, then sometime in Jan they go to 70% off. You'd get plenty with your card that way either for yourself or as presents. I'd look to see when your giftcard expires.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,659Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin