Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scots1512
    • By scots1512 12th Mar 18, 10:14 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    scots1512
    ADVICE NEEDED!!! PCN from Vehicle Control Service
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:14 AM
    ADVICE NEEDED!!! PCN from Vehicle Control Service 12th Mar 18 at 10:14 AM
    Hi there

I am desperately looking for some advice. I have received in total around 20-30 PCN's from Vehicle Control Services. In the past I had just ignored the tickets as I had been visiting my brother at his flat whilst parking in the visitor space (or an empty space if this was taken). I have received many letters from VCS which I have ignored and some letters also from BW Legal which I have also ignored as this is an English solicitor and I am from Scotland.

However, last week I received a letter from a Scottish solicitor stating that I am owe 1500 for 9 unpaid parking fines. I know that I have at least another 15 so I am expecting them to hit me again with another letter. I panicked and phoned the solicitor who was in fact very rude to me. I plan on writing a letter to them this week.

I really cannot afford to pay these fines and I think it is outrageous that they can go through with this. The letter states that if I do not respond in 7 days they will be taking me to court.

Any advice would be ever so greatly appreciated. I am feeling so stressed out
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 10:18 AM
    • 35,604 Posts
    • 19,822 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:18 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:18 AM
    Hopefully you didn't admit to being the driver when you phoned the solicitor!

Don't ring any more!

Parking charges in Scotland are covered in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum
    • scots1512
    • By scots1512 12th Mar 18, 10:24 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    scots1512
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:24 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:24 AM
    I did admit that sadly! Will this affect my case?
    I will not phone anymore. I have read some of the thread but got a bit lost. I shall go back and take a proper look. Thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 35,604 Posts
    • 19,822 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    It makes a significant difference if they know the drivers id!!

They can pursue you like any other firm pursues a debtor
    • scots1512
    • By scots1512 12th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    scots1512
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    Sorry but I am struggling with the thread. My plan is to write a letter to the solicitor asking for the terms and conditions of the contract and for all photographs they have of my car parked there. Would you advise on this? I am going to visit the car park later today and take photographs of any signage.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Mar 18, 11:57 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,119 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:57 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:57 AM
    Would you advise on this?
    No but get the pics for your own use though. If you reply you may inadvertently reveal the name of the driver each time.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 27,818 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    You might be wise to get some legal advice, with (maybe) 4,500 worth of charges stacked up [based on (1,500/9)x24] as VCS has form for pursuing a Sheriff Court Claim where large sums of money might make it worth their while.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/parking-charge-scotland-24000-ignoring-notices-warning-a7665346.html

Check out a whether any firm offers free initial meeting to discuss the case.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin