Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • macleaver
    • By macleaver 12th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    macleaver
    Help with POPLA operator evidence comments
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    Help with POPLA operator evidence comments 12th Mar 18 at 8:33 AM
    Help with POPLA operator evidence comments - I have received an unsuccessful decision from POPLA, however, reading their comments I am now confused, as they finish by saying they must allow this appeal, see below. Anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this one?? Thanks

While I note that the appellant has raised a number of grounds of appeal, my report will focus solely on signage as this supersedes other aspects of the appeal. I refer to Section 18.1 of the British Parking Association Code of Practice, which outlines to operators: !!!8220;The driver!!!8217;s use of your land will be governed by your terms and conditions, which the driver must be made aware of from the start. You must use signs to make it easy for them to find out what your terms and conditions are!!!8221;. Further, Section 18.3 states: !!!8220;You must place signs containing the specific parking terms throughout the site, so that drivers are given the chance to read them at the time of parking or leaving their vehicle!!!8230; signs must be conspicuous and legible, and written in intelligible language, so that they are easy to see, read and understand!!!8221;. In response to this appeal, the operator has provided several photographs of the signage at the site. While I am satisfied that the operator has provided sufficient evidence of the terms and conditions, I am not satisfied that the operator has demonstrated the location and the distribution of the signs. As such, I am unable to determine whether the appellant was presented with a reasonable opportunity to review and comply with them. Therefore, I cannot conclude that the PCN was issued correctly. Accordingly, I must allow this appeal.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    Why have you started a new thread on this? Please keep to your original and let this one die.

PLEASE NO FURTHER COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,361Users online

Martin's Twitter