Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 12th Mar 18, 6:06 AM
    • 7,735Posts
    • 16,887Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    RIP Ken Dodd
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:06 AM
    RIP Ken Dodd 12th Mar 18 at 6:06 AM
    One of the great comedians has died, Ken Dodd. He was ninety, and still working up to last year.

He was a regular entertainer on TV during my childhood, making us laugh with tales of the Diddymen and the Jam Butty Mines. I also remember him singing 'Happiness'. He had been ill, but had recently left hospital after having a chest infection. He was my mum's favourite comedian.

RIP Ken Dodd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Mar 18, 6:28 AM
    • 33,549 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    custardy
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:28 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:28 AM
    posted 2 hours ago in DT.
    • DesertWind
    • By DesertWind 12th Mar 18, 7:35 AM
    • 353 Posts
    • 831 Thanks
    DesertWind
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:35 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:35 AM
    Very sad news.

He was only Knighted last year.

A true legend!

He also sold over 100 million records

And married his girlfriend of 40 years on Friday.

He will be missed.

RIP
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 12th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 5,288 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    Ken Dodd has been a constant throughout my life. I first saw him at Liverpool!!!8217;s Royal Court when I was a young child, and I last saw him about four years ago. He was one of a very few comedians who could make me laugh until I cried. I could watch his show again and again because I always missed half the jokes as I was laughing so much, and his consummate delivery made it a pleasure to watch his act even when you knew the punchlines. He introduced new material over the years, but jokes I had heard him tell almost fifty years earlier remained funny.

He was a master of double entendre, but never swore on stage. His shows were true entertainment for all the family (well, anyone who could stay up beyond midnight). He did so much work to try to save regional theatres. He certainly gave value for money. I remember leaving my local provincial theatre at 1.30 in the morning filled with happiness.

His hard work and mental agility kept him young !!!8211; a lesson to us all.

I can!!!8217;t help feeling that his decision to marry his long term partner last week was his final joke on the taxman.

Rest in peace cock.
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 12th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    Ken Dodd,
    Thank you for all the tears and laughter through the years.
    The world will be a greyer place without you.
    Glad I got to see your stage show a few times.

RIP
    I am, therefore I think.

• savemoney
    • By savemoney 12th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 11,507 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    He was relentless in his comedy, one of the all time greats. They certainly broke the mould when they made him RIP Ken
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,651Users online

Martin's Twitter