Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 12th Mar 18, 5:58 AM
    • 2,154Posts
    • 14,572Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    What small DFW things will you do w/c12th March?
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:58 AM
    What small DFW things will you do w/c12th March? 12th Mar 18 at 5:58 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
Page 3
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 14th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    spudsmum
    Afternoon all - happy hump day!

Trying to get back into posting daily as I've found my motivation sliding a fair bit since I've not been doing that. I've had a really spendy week with mother's day and having to buy the twins some desperately needed clothing. Am facing the possibility that i will be over my weekly budget for the first time since LBM and this is depressing me hugely - also the rain has caused the electrics to trip out in the garage so I've lost my tumble drier and two freezers until I can get an electrician - luckily I managed to squeeze everything decent from the freezer into the small one inside so we've not lost any meat or anything valuable but it's still annoying.

Some highlights this week however:

finished shopping for the twins birthday presents - mostly using survey vouchers - not paid full price for anything.
    eldest wanted to "buy" the twins a gift also so we used my boot advantage points to cover that
    4p roadkill to debt jar
    will be making the twins a cake and found i already have everything needed in my store cupboard apart from icing which i'll get from HB for 79p
    done balance transfer of £4k from a card at 24.9% to 0% that should save me £70 a month in interest.
    council tax on 2nd house will be going down by £30 per month due to clearing backlog.
    mum gave me 6 eggs from her new chickens
    £40 cashed out from survey sites this week. Will go to debt jar.
    two loads of washing done using gloop (still very impressed!)
    washing on airer as tumble drier is temporarily kaput
    b and l from store cupboard
    dinner will be something salvaged from the freezer
    planted some raspberry and blackberry canes and prepped my other beds ready for peas, potatoes and onions.
    expecting £145 travel expenses on Friday however it's late and I've already bought most of my petrol - so £100 of that can go towards holiday spends.

Think thats about it for now - we go on holiday week after next so will be doing some frugal planning to see how cheap i can get things .
    Total debts £21050! now £19977 . 1% challenge £812.50/£15000 (5.42%) Total money squirrelled away/NOT wasted in 2018 £2067.31 frugal budget 2018 £2996/£3800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 27 months to go!
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 14th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 4,001 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Haven't had much chance to post, RL and catching up on the paperwork that I had so efficiciently dodged last week just had to be done

Welcome to the newbies, it is a brilliant thread, keeps u on the straight and narrow

Have managed to sell a couple of items on eB@y. I'm currently looking at a massive parcel of 2 cushions that are going by courier tomorrow(much cheaper than RM). Didn't get a lot for them but the satisfaction of seeing them go will be great They are massive cushions that lined the back of the settee. The other softer ones will make great animal beds so they are going to the local animal shelter.

Made my chicken curry in the slow cooker. Didn't have all of the spices, ended up throwing in a chicken tikka chilli powder. Has been really nice, had no room in the freezer so have been chomping my way through it with rice, jacket potatoes etc. Has been nice to take as a snack aswell. Have to say it was much better the day after when the flavours really kicked in.

Banking all checked, direct debits up to date.

As I'm seeing monies building again I have started to really plan for operation living room.

It looks like I have another leak coming through from the bathroom. The wet room has been a nightmare ever since it was done last year

My mum is on a mission to sort out my mount ironing Everest. She has just bought a tumble drier so I am washing everything again(which isn't a bad thing........cat hair!) Just so she can play with the tumble drier

Leg still swollen, it's frustrating having to elevate in the early evenings, feels like I have a shortened day but if it means I don't get any sores then bring it on

My RM survey stuff is right up the creek. Have had my first email but not the second to be able to log in. I've received loads of post that needs entering aswell

Well that's about it from me, off to do a thorough cat clean. Good time as it is afternoon siesta time for the kitties in the Happy Kitties household

Have a great afternoon everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=359.51
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 14th Mar 18, 6:47 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 7,432 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Evening all,

A busy but productive day here.
    Todays list
    * No bread in the freezer so ds1 had to make do with cereal for breakfast
    * Ds2 to free school breakfast
    * Gym session done and refilled water bottle
    * Brunch using up bits and pieces from the freezer
    * Jet washed the back patio as I'd slipped a couple of times going out to hang out washing. It was a wet day but didn't matter as I was going to get wet anyway!
    * Meal tonight for dh & I is leftover beef stew and dumplings, kids had tuna pasta mayo for their tea
    * Checked banking and updated spreadsheets
    * Tidied the garage a bit as it was a mess in there and dug out a few more bits for the charity shop, I've put these in my car so that I can drop them in next time I'm passing.
    * Run the dishwash on the quick wash
    * Washed one load on the quick 30 degree wash and put on radiators to dry next time they're on
    * Made families lunches for tomorrow
    * Booked appointment for my smear test
    * Took a photo of my DIY to do list as it has measurements of my dining table on there and I'm going to get a replacement table covering soon - if its on my phone I'll have the measurements whenever I get chance to go for a look.

Still to do
    Share bath water and continue use up of lotions and potions, I finished off a foot cream tube yesterday and I think another tube of face cream won't be far behind
    Take something out of the freezer for meals tomorrow, I've not got a meal plan yet for tomorrow so will look in the fridge first to see if there is anything in there to use up or make something out of.
    Light candles and wrap up with dh under a fleece blanket when he gets home

Thats about it .
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 15th Mar 18, 1:58 AM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,651 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Evening all, my day started late and is finishing late again, I feel kind of guilty sleeping late but I have done a lot of work into the evening which I prefer.

I did pop to the small Mr T for some eggs and butter, a branded one had a 2 for £3.20 deal which made it the cheapest which is shocking.

Lunch was eggs, mushroom and fried tomatoes with bread and butter, yummy. Dinner was a jacket potato and cheese for me and I cooked a YS chicken breast joint and mash for DS. I'm not making any wild promises about becoming vegetarian again (I was for 13 years in my distant past) but I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat less meat (unless it's free range.)

I collected the new cards and they are all decorated and packaged up ready to be sent tomorrow. Realistically I need to double my sales if this is going to be my only income but I can do that, right? I'm feeling optimistic.

Someone from a local garage dropped off my free tyres this evening, I've not seen them yet but it's all quite exciting, I'm not sure whether to paint them white to match the wall or leave them black. I'm gutted however that I will have to pay for raspberry canes since the gardening companies are no longer participating in clubcard deals.

I haven't done much in the way of housework though DS must have been reading my list as I came back from the shop to find him vacuuming the landing
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 15th Mar 18, 7:33 AM
    • 6,830 Posts
    • 39,986 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning yippee to a day off After Monday, my last day off, when the day ended being very chorey I intend to get my chores done asap and then relax. I really felt when I went back to work on Tuesday and yesterday that I hadn't had enough down time!

I have to do a lot of miles in my car and get 45p mileage rate. Which means I get a ridiculous amount back in expenses. I've decided above and beyond petrol costs I will split it each month to car piggy (probably going to need more maintenance as have an old car) & over paying mortgage (apart from any cheeky expenses I have . I need a new coat but have seen a couple I like on fleabay )

Today:

* check banking - today is reward day on my acc but not showing yet...
    * all meals from stores
    * dinner is batch cooked spag made on Monday
    * get shepherds pie filling out of freezer for tomorrow & cook mash
    * fly round house and get looking spick and span
    * hang up washing
    * free exercise did a little bit of walking
    * listen to audio book
    * look into ppi knock backs I've received and see which ones I can challenge and which need further input
    * knitting. I intend to sit down for an hour at least and get on with sock. Wanting to finish and give them to oh by next weekend
    * going to a friend's to look through her considerable wardrobe for an outfit for a gig tomorrw
    * keep my eye on a coat ending on fleabay later
    * onepoll
    * photo 3 things for fleabay
    * hopefully play game with oh tonight, he's feeling poorly so we'll see how it goes....
    * speak to dd
    * make a list of things needed for the next week - dd coming for dinner at the weekend and making bff's birthday cakes
    * deal with pile of papers sitting on kitchen table!

Ok that's it
    Last edited by determined new ms; 15-03-2018 at 6:24 PM.
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 15th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 14,572 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all. Currently waiting for a train that running late to go to the big smoke for work. Waiting room is packed, urgh!!!

I have a seat booked but that doesnít mean anything. At least I got cash back on my ticket. Every cloud and all that!

Other things today:
    Text DH as forgot to get chicken out for tea
    Both to the gym to use membership, I have bag in car to go en route
    Small has packed lunch and packed tea with things in fridge. Needs packed tea as is going back to school for a performance and wonít have time for anything else.
    Dry some washing on airer that washed overnight
    Quick tidy round
    Check banking
    Make 1st sourdough from starter tonight
    Free lunch at work

Think thatíll be about it. Have a good day peeps.
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 15th Mar 18, 9:18 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    spudsmum

I have to do a lot of miles in my car and get 45p mileage rate. Which means I get a ridiculous amount back in expenses. I've decided above and beyond petrol costs I will split it each month to car piggy (probably going to need more maintenance as have an old car) & over paying mortgage (apart from any cheeky expenses I have . I need a new coat but have seen a couple I like on fleabay )
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    I do this too determined - its like a nice little bonus every month.

Not much to report here at present but I happened to mention to my mum about the electrics in the garage and she's sending my step dad rounf to see if he can fix it. Fingers crossed!
    Total debts £21050! now £19977 . 1% challenge £812.50/£15000 (5.42%) Total money squirrelled away/NOT wasted in 2018 £2067.31 frugal budget 2018 £2996/£3800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 27 months to go!
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 15th Mar 18, 10:07 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 26,194 Thanks
    allydowd
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Shuffling off to work later, pouting. That place is not bringing me joy lately. I'm taking Saturday as a holiday.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Take a packed lunch to work.

* Broadband and mobile bills will be lower this month.

* Charge mobile at work.

* Homemade sausage rolls for lunch.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Last edited by allydowd; 15-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: £500

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 93.01 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • LiveLifeFull
    • By LiveLifeFull 15th Mar 18, 10:41 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    LiveLifeFull
    Morning everyone!

I think I'm being a bit too ambitious with my lists. I work full time, so when I get home, dinner is made, bath is on, and its chill time. Then, when I don't complete my lists, I get cross with myself

TO DO LIST
    - Dinner from stores: I've got chicken in the fridge, with some veg. DONE
    - Make lunch for tomorrow from stores. Tuna pasta salad? NOT DONE
    - Read a book (not buying anymore until I've read most of the ones I already own). NOT DONE
    - Put dry washing away.NOT DONE
    - Quick tidy round living room, kitchen and bathroom. NOT DONE
    - Double check enough is left in the food shopping pot until the 24th when I get paid. DONE
    - Pluck my own eyebrows (instead of paying someone else). NOT DONE

I'm going to leave the hovering until the weekend. I just don't have the energy after a long day. Especially because I haven't taken any annual leave since New Year!
    Last edited by LiveLifeFull; 16-03-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    My CC - Feb 18 £849.69 Mar 18 £839.95 Apr 18 £705.78
    My OD - Feb 18 £1250.00 Mar 18 £1250.00 Apr 18 £1250.00
    OH CC - Feb 18 £976.00 Mar 18 £901.00 Apr 18 £802.00
    OH OD - Feb 18 £500.00 Mar 18 £500.00 Apr 18 £500.00
    TOTAL OD/CC DEBT: Feb 18 £3575.69 Mar 18 £3490.95 Apr 18 £3257.78
    OD/CC DEBT FREE DATE: OCTOBER 2018
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 15th Mar 18, 11:40 AM
    • 798 Posts
    • 7,432 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Morning all,

Todays list from me
    Ds1 had cereal again as didn't buy bread yesterday
    Ds2 had free school breakfast
    Gym session done and refilled water bottle whilst there twice
    My dad was going to l1dl so he picked up some bread for me to save me a trip to the shop, I swapped it with him for a couple of tins of mushy peas!
    Making a batch of fairy cakes to use up some butter - will use these in the kids lunch boxes tomorrow

To do
    Check banking/update spreadsheet Filtered money through the accounts to make sure we meet interest requirements and moved dh's money to make sure he meets switching bonus criteria - hopefully between us that's £250 to come in April
    Shower Done
    Go for smear test Done
    Make families lunches for tomorrow Done
    All meals from stores Done

Will hopefully be back to add more later.

Have a good day all.
    Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 15-03-2018 at 5:59 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 15th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Frugalistas,
    A few useful bits & pieces of money saving today:
    *Sorted ironing pile really well & decided only 3 garments were crinkly enough to iron......that's my kind of ironing....done in 10 mins.
    *No salad left so did a round-up of odds & ends of veg & did a stir-fry instead.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Did my mid-month budget check-in.
    *Updated outgoings spreadsheet.
    *Paid another 2 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Registered with new vet. Love our old vets but their out of hours service requires a 44 mile round trip for us & that's not ideal when transporting a poorly animal, esp one like ours, who hates being in his cat carrier box & unnecessary fuel too, when we could be registered with one less than 2 miles away which is open at weekends.
    *Knit more of my yarn stash into throw for sofa.
    That's it for today, really. I decided to spend a chunk of this afternoon knitting & watching a box set. It felt like such a treat!
    Might have to knock up a meal plan in a minute. Mr f is talking about getting an online delivery in case the snow in the east this weekend is as bad as forecast. Booo to more snow. Nobody wants the bloody stuff in March. That's for daffodils & chocolate eggs.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £714-70
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £244
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 15th Mar 18, 7:33 PM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,651 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Evening all

I'm just waiting for a MrT delivery, I have a one month free trial which I'm surprised they allowed me as I used to have delivery saver. I also used my Clubcard vouchers to pay for some of it.

I joined the library today so I could use their printer to print my Amazon label I really must start borrowing some books too, I've got out of the reading habit.

I checked out my new free tyres and three of them are MASSIVE! They must be lorry tyres but it means I won't have to stack them and they fit perfectly along the wall. I will use the other three down the side when I get around to it.

I visited two garden centres looking for raspberry canes, one hadn't had them in yet and the other didn't have much choice so I didn't buy any, I will try the more expensive but wonderful experience one tomorrow. I want to get one early, one middle and one late fruiting one. I did buy some half price trailing cherry tomato seedlings which I have potted on.

Finally my P45 arrived and also my final payslip and I have been paid more than I thought I would get which is good news! I have enough to pay all this months bills and card money will cover food.

Tonight I plan to swap a working small TV for the larger but temperamental one in the sitting room.

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 15th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 39,416 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Been out today, so not much moneysaving going on, especially as OH was driving faster than the speed limit and I think was zapped by a speed trap thingy
    Went to market in next town first thing, then to visit DD1, who lives about an hour and a half away, so no huge expenses, unless OH DID get caught by that speed trap
    Cold and rainy here, but we lit the stove once we got back, so it is toasty in here
    Had a huge lunch at DD's, so neither of us wants much in the way of dinner - might have some crackers and cheese in a minute.
    Must update spends from today onto spreadsheet...
    And plan what needs doing tomorrow
    NSDs for May: 2 / 19

• allydowd
    • By allydowd 15th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 26,194 Thanks
    allydowd
    Evening all
    Been out today, so not much moneysaving going on, especially as OH was driving faster than the speed limit and I think was zapped by a speed trap thingy
    Originally posted by DawnW
    Many of the Gatso-type work on film...and the film runs out quite quickly, but the camera will continue to flash regardless.
    Last edited by allydowd; 15-03-2018 at 9:11 PM.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: £500

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 93.01 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 15th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,651 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Evening all
    Originally posted by DawnW
    Damn, I got caught by one a few years back and, if it's a first offence, you have the option to go on a course rather than get points on your license.

• DawnW
    • By DawnW 15th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 39,416 Thanks
    DawnW
    Damn, I got caught by one a few years back and, if it's a first offence, you have the option to go on a course rather than get points on your license.
    Originally posted by FatVonD
    HE may have the option etc...
    Not sure, as he had a couple of speeding tickets years ago when he was a teenager. Hope, as Ally suggests, the bloody film had run out!
    NSDs for May: 2 / 19

• determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 16th Mar 18, 5:32 AM
    • 6,830 Posts
    • 39,986 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning! Woke up 45 minutes ago! But it's fair as I did go to bed with madam at 7.30

Dawn I predict it is likely there is no film, unless it's a high speed area (where a lot of people get snapped) as Police don't keep them all maintained. The option of the course is only available if it is less than 10 miles over the speed limit... Hope it comes to nothing

* checked banking - received £5.05 reward on bank acc. Scooted that over to the xmas food piggy now have almost £47 in there solely from interest received on bank accounts
    * hang up washing - will check if it's worth putting out
    * pull together lunch - made sandwich last night
    * basics porridge for breakfast with 2 1/2 bananas floating around in the fridge
    * cook potatoes for dinner tonight - shepherds pie mmmm
    * work out how to return something I bought and received yesterday which isn't what I thought it was going to be
    * check onepoll
    * plimsoles ending on fleabay today that I want. It's at an awkward time!
    * going out tonight to see a Kate Bush tribute need to get my outfit sorted! Speak to friend am going with to see if she'll pick me up so I can catch the bus home

Think that's all. My last working day of the week and have the weekend off Happy Friday y'all
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 16th Mar 18, 7:27 AM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 14,572 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all didn't get chance to get back on last night as I went to bed not long after I got home as I felt rubbish. I think I was just exhausted. Today:

Made first sour dough loaf, currently on 1st prove. Foxgloves do you prove twice? And feed with cheapo plain flour or bread flour?
    Checked banking - no change
    Update food spends
    Change bed
    Washing shuffle
    Ordered some chicken breasts on offer yesterday and they're coming today, so will make some tea with that
    Meal plan for next week and then do shopping list, don't want to buy much, am going to aim for sub £20
    Hot drink for commute made at home with same kettle boil
    Check insurance as renewal through for DH car. £90 cheaper than last year. Will still run through comparison sites
    Didn't eat my tea last night as I felt rubbish so have it for lunch today, dd and DH have leftovers for their lunchbox
    Ask childminder about a day in Easter holidays and then I'll book the other day off.

Right, I need to change a bed and get a wash on before school run and off to work.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 16th Mar 18, 8:06 AM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    foxgloves
    PurpleFairy - I used to prove it twice, until I bought my Lekue tin thingy, but since then, I've cheated & done it once. My reasoning for this is that the author of the book I used said to 'try not to knock too much air out' when you turn it out after 1st proving, ready for shaping. So I thought if it doesn't require kneading again, & I don't need to bother with the folding & shaping instructions because it's going in the Lekue thing, I may as well just put it straight in there after mixing & kneading, leave it till it's risen sufficiently & just bake it. Loaves are coming out well (just had some toasted) so I can't see the point in adding in an additional stage.
    Re flour. Actual loaves baked using white bread flour, but sourdough jar fed with ordinary cheapo plain flour.
    Hope your loaf turns out lovely.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £714-70
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £244
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 16th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 507 Posts
    • 4,001 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Morning everyone

Not a lot to report at the minute.

Few bits to do this morning, will be nice to get out and about
    Banking all checked
    RM survey items and and ones received, everything up in the air. Have messaged them as I received the first email but they didn't follow up with the second email containing my log in details for the new platform. I use the posting sheets they send out but I follow it better using the online system. It's causing me a headache.
    Going to slow cooker a leek and potato soup today.
    Have started to meal plan for when DD comes home in just over a weeks time and what I will need to get in. Not much needs buying in so far, have a freezer stuffed full of items.

Waiting to find out whether we will receive compensation from the water company when pipes burst after the snow. My mum received a nice £75 cheque yesterday. Would be nice as there were quite a few of us affected.

Nearly thought it was a vet trip yesterday. Youngest kitty and another one love to play fight, sometimes they get too rough. She had pulled a big chunk of fur from his back he is sporting a big scab. The little ones eyelid started to close yesterday but she is not easy to catch, last time I almost needed vet treatment my left hand covered in blood. Managed to get a closer look this morning while they were having breakfast, swelling above the eye has gone down and eye fully open. Very relieved.

Well that's about it from me, going for a cuppa do a piece of paperwork and then get myself ready to go out

Have a good day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=359.51
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,327Posts Today

5,922Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin