Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sirrah94
    • By sirrah94 11th Mar 18, 11:18 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sirrah94
    Popla Fail
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:18 PM
    Popla Fail 11th Mar 18 at 11:18 PM
    Hey Guys,

So I recently appealed to poplar for 2 parking fines in the same area and have received the results. They have both been declined which I think is unfair as I feel I wasn't in the wrong. I was parked on a lowered curb, gravelled set back (not in the road as stated) and no signs to say that area is restricted anyway I can't afford to waste 200.

I have looked through the threads relating to this (I can't find the thread called POPLA lost which keeps being mentioned) but the main jist I'm getting is to ignore these fines. This does make me feel a little uneasy as i'm not sure what would happen and I don't want to find myself in more of a pickle being chased etc and i'd rather not go to court! But generally just looking for some advise regarding this. This is all new to me i've never had any fines before these!

Any help advise would be great, I just want it to be over and done with!! Thanks
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 11:27 PM
    • 7,234 Posts
    • 6,749 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:27 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:27 PM
    Is this related to your other thread?

If so, then please copy your above post onto that thread and continue your conversation there.

It would also help if you can edit your above post to say something like "duplicate thread - please ignore".
    • sirrah94
    • By sirrah94 12th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sirrah94
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    It is kinda related but wouldn!!!8217;t say it was a duplicate. My first post was about appealing to popla and I can go back to my other thread but I thought it would be easier to write a seperate thread because the topic was different.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,844 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    No

You can see how busy this forum is

If everyone starts a new thread at each stage on their journey it would be unmanageable - and you cannot expect us to cross reference your threads to see any background

Read up in the newbies faq on what happens after POPLA.

If you have more questions use your original thread

Let this one die as advised in #2
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,040Posts Today

5,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin