Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kevtrader
    • By kevtrader 11th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 3,236Posts
    • 462Thanks
    kevtrader
    Should I open new HTB Isa after transfer into LISA
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    Should I open new HTB Isa after transfer into LISA 11th Mar 18 at 10:39 PM
    I am thinking of transferring my current Help to Buy Isa into a LISA in order to get the bonus. In the new tax year (18/19) will I be able to open a new HTB Isa even though I already have had one and closed it in the 2017/18 tax year?

Also will I be able to transfer the whole of the 17/18 LISA totaling around 10k into a 18/19 cash LISA?

Thanks
    Waddle you do eh?
Page 1
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 12th Mar 18, 6:49 AM
    • 7,824 Posts
    • 14,291 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:49 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:49 AM
    I am thinking of transferring my current Help to Buy Isa into a LISA in order to get the bonus. In the new tax year (18/19) will I be able to open a new HTB Isa even though I already have had one and closed it in the 2017/18 tax year?
    Originally posted by kevtrader
    Yes. Although most people would not want to - when you come to buy your property, you can only use LISA *or* HTB not both, and LISA allows you to use more free money, quicker. If you buy the property using the HTB you would have to wait until retirement age to cash out the LISA penalty free.
    Also will I be able to transfer the whole of the 17/18 LISA totaling around 10k into a 18/19 cash LISA?
    Yes, if you can find a cash LISA provider you like which accepts transfers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin