Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fayelou
    • By Fayelou 11th Mar 18, 10:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fayelou
    Problem co worker
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:35 PM
    Problem co worker 11th Mar 18 at 10:35 PM
    Hello everyone
    Just after a bit of advice

I have worked in the same company for 5 years as a store supervisor and it's quite a small store with only 6 working including my problem sales advisor co worker who has been with the company about the same time as me
    This particular co worker thinks she is in charge and has the right to tell the other sales advisors and even me what to do. This has been going on for quite some time. I have fallen out with her when I have had to pull rank which didn't go down well(I was diplomatic about it) she has been going for my job for years and has even been spreading rumours she is going to replace me which my manager had a frank talk with her and it stopped.
    For a while it's been bearable but still mildly irritating
    Unfortunately just before Xmas last year I become ill and was signed off for a few weeks and am back at work on reduced hours since then so she has been doing my hours not my job I might add just hours and because she has been opening and closing store she thinks she is now in charge and also she is doing a team leader course through work which means she will eventually qualify to do my job.
    My manager has assured me that nothing will change and that she's only a sales advisor.
    She however doesn't see this and thinks she is in charge because of this and because of my lack of presence at the moment
    She has made a lot of errors doing jobs she shouldn't be doing my manager is annoyed with her and promises he will talk to her but her attitude doesn't change.
    She is very nasty to the weekday sales advisor as she has told me and my manager. The weekend sales advisor nearly walked out the other weekend as she wound her up that much
    She made a huge error the other day and I was blamed by my manager who I had to put straight that it was not me and in fact her.
    I don't know were to go next my manager seems to let me think things are being done about this co worker but I see no improvement or action
    I am finding it difficult to do my job with her trying to cut in every second and think she knows best.
    I try to block it out and do my job which i know I am good at.
    What other action could I take or has anyone else been in a similar situation and managed to sort it out.
Page 1
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 12th Mar 18, 12:02 AM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 1,676 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:02 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:02 AM
    A supervisor takes responsibility for their troops actions, perhaps try the being friendly/grateful approach and build them up in front of big boss rather then being totally against.

I wouldn't believe to much the manager or other employee with the grumble at this stage.

Let it go over your head.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • TyreLever
    • By TyreLever 12th Mar 18, 3:40 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    TyreLever
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:40 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:40 AM
    Try meeting her "for a chat" at some point away from work premises.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,645Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin