Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Markh19999
    • By Markh19999 11th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Markh19999
    Manchester Piccadilly protest
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    Manchester Piccadilly protest 11th Mar 18 at 9:59 PM
    I was on a train from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport
    Today. 11th March 12.16. 13.30

It left Manchester Oxford Road at about 13.00 when it came to a stop and stayed that way until 15.30 because of a protest on the track. They transfered everybody to a diesel train and took us the few meters to Piccadilly (not Manchester Airport) . I jumped straight into a taxi for Manchester Airport but missed my flight scheduled for 16.25.

We sat there for over 2 hours and obviously weren't allowed to leave. If we were I'd have easily made the flight finding alternative travel arrangements.

Got told about a controlled evacuation that was supposed to happen at 14.10 but it never did. We were about 100 yards from Piccadilly and not that far from Oxford Road.

I'd already paid for flights/ hotel and missed it because the people I'd paid to get me there were effectively holding me hostage (bit much, but I couldn't leave!)

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Page 1
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 11th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 3,558 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    I was on a train from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport
    Today. 11th March 12.16. 13.30

It left Manchester Oxford Road at about 13.00 when it came to a stop and stayed that way until 15.30 because of a protest on the track. They transfered everybody to a diesel train and took us the few meters to Piccadilly (not Manchester Airport) . I jumped straight into a taxi for Manchester Airport but missed my flight scheduled for 16.25.

We sat there for over 2 hours and obviously weren't allowed to leave. If we were I'd have easily made the flight finding alternative travel arrangements.

Got told about a controlled evacuation that was supposed to happen at 14.10 but it never did. We were about 100 yards from Piccadilly and not that far from Oxford Road.

I'd already paid for flights/ hotel and missed it because the people I'd paid to get me there were effectively holding me hostage (bit much, but I couldn't leave!)

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Markh19999
    Claim on your travel insurance for any losses that are covered by your policy?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Mar 18, 12:45 AM
    • 7,208 Posts
    • 6,687 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:45 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:45 AM
    Answered on your other thread.
    • Markh19999
    • By Markh19999 12th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Markh19999
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    Cheers Keith
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,645Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin