Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 11th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Tricky1234
    who can view my letter and give guidance please?
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    who can view my letter and give guidance please? 11th Mar 18 at 9:41 PM
    What do i do about the following?
    I changed my log book address 2 days after the day of the event purely by chance.
    parking eye sent letters which i didnt know about.
    found my new address after 3 months sent 2 more letters.
    I have created a letter, who can view it?

Im actually just thinking of paying it to stop the harassment and wasting more of my time.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    With the greatest of respect, if you are thinking of paying it to save wasting more of your time, why are you asking others to waste their time?

If you really want help on getting rid of this issue then there is no getting away from it, it will take some effort and time.

What letters have you received and from whom?
    • Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 11th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tricky1234
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    that's a fair point Keith.
    I think its just getting to me.
    I've had two letter from parking eye. Both saying letter before CCC.
    Last letter had reply form, info sheet and financial statement sheets enclosed.
    thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    Then you need to reply to that latest LBC.
    When did it arrive?

You will find examples of robust LBC responses in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Are these letters now coming to your current address?
    If not you need to advise PE of your current address and forcefully point out that anything not sent that address will not be effectively served.
    • Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 11th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tricky1234
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    yes they are now coming to my current address.
    Last one came on 9th feb
    I have taken the template from the thread and adjusted it to my situation.
    I guess I just send it and wait for a response.
    I was a little confused as i didnt get to appeal due to any letters at the start not coming to my new address.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 11:22 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:22 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:22 PM
    I was a little confused as i didnt get to appeal due to any letters at the start not coming to my new address.
    Originally posted by Tricky1234
    That's because your logbook wasn't up to date, but you surely know that.

They only ask the DVLA once for keeper's details.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Mar 18, 11:48 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:48 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:48 PM
    What happened when you complained URGENTLY to the Store Manager, if a retail park? Or Hotel Manager if this was at a Hotel, etc., where the driver was a patron?

DO THAT IMMEDIATELY AS THAT COULD STOP A COURT CLAIM JUST IN TIME.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 12:24 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:24 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:24 AM
    Do not pay them, fight them. They could ge out of business by Christmas.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 12th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tricky1234
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    OK, power to the people!
    Lets do this.
    • Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 12th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tricky1234
    What happened when you complained URGENTLY to the Store Manager, if a retail park? Or Hotel Manager if this was at a Hotel, etc., where the driver was a patron?

DO THAT IMMEDIATELY AS THAT COULD STOP A COURT CLAIM JUST IN TIME.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I tried this and i have to say the manager was rubbish and just kept repeating himself.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 17,648 Posts
    • 27,902 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I tried this and i have to say the manager was rubbish and just kept repeating himself.
    Originally posted by Tricky1234
    Is there a Head Office? Write to the CEO and tell him/her about the intransigence of their local manager in not helping a regular customer with a genuine problem, especially as you know they can contact the PPC and get this cancelled without difficulty.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Have you read all the others threads like yours, where people didn't just stop at the Manager, when first fobbed off, and then they got the PCN cancelled?

Escalating a complaint higher up, is VERY important to getting it cancelled.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Tricky1234
    • By Tricky1234 20th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tricky1234
    Hi
    so they havent excepted my first letter.
    Whats would be the next action step to take?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th May 18, 10:30 PM
    • 18,147 Posts
    • 22,954 Thanks
    Redx
    rebut the LBCCC and keep on doing so

meanwhile, complain to the CEO of whichever retailer it was in writing and get it cancelled, or at least get a witness statement letter that states they do not want it to go to court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th May 18, 10:37 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If they gave you a POPLA code, then obviously POPLA (as per the NEWBIES thread).

Otherwise, do that Head Office retailer complaint we said was URGENT two months ago, or you will get a small claim and be sued.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin