Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oak84
    • By Oak84 11th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Oak84
    Nationwide Mortgages
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    Nationwide Mortgages 11th Mar 18 at 8:13 PM
    Hi

I am hoping that someone may be able to give me some info regarding Nationwide and their timelines.

Applied for a mortgage through broker on 7th March with Nationwide. Survey is booked for 12th March.

I’ve asked our broker to advise us of timelines etc, likelihood of going to valuation if paperwork not upto standards but was told leave the worrying to them!
    Easier said than done!!

I know the application process takes 48 hours but if the paperwork wasn’t ok would the valuation have still gone ahead or can we presume that that as ok?
    We’re FTB so just not really sure what the stages are/how it works and have had quite a few sleepless nights!!

Any info gratefully received!
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 11th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 58,442 Posts
    • 51,814 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    Be guided by your mortgage broker. Only they know the finer details of your application. The mortgage is only the first steps of the process. The next part could potentially be far more stressful. Suggest you relax and take up yoga. As having patience is most certainly a virtue when buying and selling property.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin