Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 11th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 328Posts
    • 53Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    Advice Please - Planning for Future - LISA AND ISA
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    Advice Please - Planning for Future - LISA AND ISA 11th Mar 18 at 8:03 PM
    Hi,

Currently 33 and I am planning my future savings and wanted some advice. I have approx. £10k in cash savings and also no debts. I am looking to save approx. £600 a month long term from the new tax year onwards. As I have cash savings to access if needs be, I am looking at doing the following instead for better growth....

£300 a month in a S&S LISA - long term investment that I will access at 60.
    £300 a month into a normal S&S ISA - one that I can access immediately and withdraw if needs be.

Has anyone any advice on both. I really want both products to be those funds/investment/features which have minimal fees and are managed on my behalf as I really haven't got the time to keep moving money monthly to keep maximising my returns - can anyone advice on the best options/products.

I have been looking at AJ Bell/Charles Stanley and Cavendish/HL - but could do with some MoneysavingExpert input!!
    Savings £10000
Page 2
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 12th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    Yes you're spot on - I am doing the first S&S ISA with Van60 first at the start of the the 18/19 tax year, then towards the end of it - once my confidence has been established with a S&S ISA, I will then open a H&L LISA and invest the full 4k before the 18/19 tax year and then start the £333 ish investment with them monthly..

Can anyone gauge what costs I will be looking at between AJBell and H&L for a monthly subscription of £333 - which company works out cheapest? Ideally I will probably pick a fully active balanced managed fund (similar to lifestyle60) and leave it be.

If that's approx. £7k cash saved per year £8k if you include government extra - I am looking at 64k invested from me in the LISA and around 75k in the S&S ISA - so hopefully 130kish invested from me resulting in a lump sum of 200k at least hopefully come the time I want to cash in......one can only hope!
    Savings £10000
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 12th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    Plus I cashed in my help to buy isa just into the start of this tax year - can I open a LISA this year as well?
    Savings £10000
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 12th Mar 18, 11:11 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    Just opened it - to start in April. Plucked for monthly £125 for Lifestlyle 60 and £125 for Lifestyle 80. See how they do/compare as I go along this journey!
    Savings £10000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,269Posts Today

8,416Users online

Martin's Twitter