Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 11th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 2,473Posts
    • 35,523Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018 11th Mar 18 at 7:32 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!
    The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!very room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up
    These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.
    A few of the basics before we start the week
    Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!
    Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.
    Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.
    Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis
    HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

MAD half hour - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!
    Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!
    Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Here we go.......

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One...
    Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances
    Level Two...
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three...
    Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Degunge the fridge!
    Extras
    • Thoroughly clean the cupboard full of tins!
    • Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    • Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    • Wipe a shelf or 3 and staighten all the stuff on them.

Twinkly Tuesday ~ master bedroom and landing
    Level One...

Make the bed...
    Clear the floordrobe
    Clear the landing of gibble
    Level Two...
    Dust and deweb
    Wash the windows
    Vacuum the floors.. and the mattress before remaking the bed
    Level Three...
    Strip and wash the bedding
    Wipe any grotty paintwork and furniture
    Check those smoke alarms!
    Extras
    • Binbag dance
    • HHI
    • 15 minutes filing
    • Fill a binbag of old winter stuff for charity shop!!
    • 15 minutes in the garden dead heading or pruning... only if it!!!8217;s not raining
    • HHI

Wednesday Wonders ~ Cruddy Study & Bathrooms
    Level One...
    Declutter floors!
    Mop/vacuum/sweep floors
    Level Two...
    Scrub tiles while running a defrag
    Clean the bath, basins, shower trays and loo's
    Collect all the laundry from upstairs
    Level Three...
    Wash windows
    Wash bath mats/shower curtains etc
    Degrot the desk and dust and polish the monitor and pc case etc
    Extras
    • Empty and wash out bins
    • Wipe all the sofas/chairs in these rooms
    • Wipe paintwork in these rooms
    • Clear and wipe a shelf or two
    • HHI

Thursdays are Trilling!! - Living pit, hallway, stairs!!
    Level One...

Declutter the floors!
    Vacuum/mop floors & stairs!
    Level Two...
    Wash the windows and the front door.. inside and out!
    Vacuum under the furniture you can safely move!
    Level Three...
    Clean the sofas
    Declutter the inside of a cupboard or drawer!
    Wipe all the paintwork!
    Dust mantle and polish all the trinkets upon it.. and get all the junk off it!
    Extras
    • Wipe and water the plants
    • Clean out the pets, get rid of that smelly bedding and replace with lovely smelling bits
    • Wash any smelly soft furnishings
    • Get a pile of filing done!!

Friday - those frightening Friday kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see..
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Level Two...
    Binbag dance
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Donít forget the light shade!!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Time for the Friday Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! Aim for 27.. if no toy box youíll have to choose another area!
    Level Three...
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Extras
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets or throw
    • Make all those necessary phonecalls!
    • HHI
    • Make a half hour time out for yourself!!
    • Tidy up the garden! Trim hedges and grass etc...
    • Bake a cake
    • Spend an hour or so with the family having some lovely special family time.. just talking or watching a film with popcorn etc..
    Last edited by Natty68; 15-03-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 5
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    Sorry LW.. but I had to laugh.. they can barely be trusted to wipe their own noses it would appear lol

Stuff off the line and ready to put away.
    DW emptied and filled with the few remaining bits

DS2 still unwell but a little better.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 £53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Mar 18, 4:48 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,912 Thanks
    Jazee
    Afternoon all. My day has been spent in bed -with a migraine. Have had to get up now as I'm going to a wedding dress fitting with DD soon.

My DH does just about all of our food shopping, usually gets extras, doesn't always bring home a receipt but at least I don't have to go often. Today's extra was BBQ Pr1ngles for me, so I'm not complaining today.

See you all tomorrow.
    Savings 2018: £1478.11
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 5:29 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    My DH does just about all of our food shopping, usually gets extras, doesn't always bring home a receipt but at least I don't have to go often. Today's extra was BBQ Pr1ngles for me, so I'm not complaining today.

See you all tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Jazee
    See this is why I don't like sending OH.. battenberg.. wotsits.. mini eggs... what part of 'slinky' do they not understand??? I appreciate he wants to get me nice things but really.. stop!!

He is supposed to pay the food shop.. but he buys rubbish at the start of the month and I end up paying for the other half on top of paying everything else.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    Fabulous.. DS2 is vomiting AGAIN!!! 5 days now!! This is really not good.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 14th Mar 18, 7:14 PM
    • 2,421 Posts
    • 35,995 Thanks
    ionafan
    GWS vibes to pigpen's DS2 and Jazee.

2 hours of zzz decluttered, Rosie has been walked for an hour, and I have cooked tea. Now back to the translation.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 14th Mar 18, 7:37 PM
    • 24,232 Posts
    • 95,728 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Himself actually made a start on some washing up about 5 minutes before I crawled in through the door tonight - 52 minutes later than I usually come home (was at work until 8.30pm yesterday and it's going to be about 10pm for the next two nights). Which was nice, especially as the kitchen was littered with leftover food festering uncovered all over the place from Sunday onwards.

Has just started cooking now. I suggested sweet potato wedges and a beanburger. Sounds like the beanburger (if that's what he's bought - there's no guarantee with him) is going to be fried, rather than baked at the same time as the wedges. And he hasn't started cutting the things up yet.

Dammit. Just found a Missed Delivery notice. That means I won't get my replacement Sharps bin this week (the company that delivered my injections and collected the old bin didn't bother to hand over the replacement I order when I did the stock check. And Himself blithely handed the full one over, claiming I didn't say I should be getting a replacement. Like it's normal to shove cytotoxic sharps into a carrier bag hung on the cupboard door? What in blazes do you think I'm going to do if you hand over the legally required receptacle and TELL YOU FIVE TIMES that the delivery should include a Sharps Bin? I've had to miss my injection this week as a result .)

Got a pointed message to say I'd given somebody an old tenner amongst other cash and it wasn't legal tender. They received an equally pointedly worded (ie, factual, with nothing indicating my internal narrative) that it was given to them in February when it was still legal tender and [the bank they hold accounts with] still accepts them and will do until June. I didn't query why it's taken them three and a half weeks to get around to doing the banking and are having a go at me about it. After yesterday, which for various reasons I won't go into but resulted in my spending the day nursing a cold pack on my hand, it wasn't the sort of message I took kindly to when run off my feet all day and I had a whole 4 and a half minutes to sit down and check my emails.

Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 14-03-2018 at 7:40 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 14th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Jazee hope you feel better soon.

Piggers hopes the bug goes away soon.

Dinner done
    Sorting of another heap done
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    Jojo.. if you contact the GP surgery they should do you a small sharps bin as a temporary thing.. you shouldn't miss your injection.. we have stored used needles in a takeaway tub while we got a replacement.. you don't have silly little people likely to play in them so as long as the mogs are protected it is likely to be fine for a day or 2.. we have been using them for years. Our hospital is happy to hand them out but I have known the staff a long time and just say we have had issues getting a replacement and they tut about the poor service and hand one over.

Tesc0 list written... baby ready for bed.. so out into the darkness we go!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    silly question... spray in hair colour?... I promised Dot bright pink for summer... which is best? She has fairly dark brown hair so it needs to be good! Obviously, she is 6 I am not going to bleach it then dye her pink.. but I am encouraging her uniqueness because we all need a bit of crazy in our life right?
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 14th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 24,232 Posts
    • 95,728 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    silly question... spray in hair colour?... I promised Dot bright pink for summer... which is best? She has fairly dark brown hair so it needs to be good! Obviously, she is 6 I am not going to bleach it then dye her pink.. but I am encouraging her uniqueness because we all need a bit of crazy in our life right?
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Something like the L'Oreal Colorista ones should show up.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 14th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Pink hair colours, I've just googled, as I'm bored, no idea if any good or not:-

https://www.claires.com/bright-pink-hair-colour-spray-4526.html?pid=4526&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-7nWhM3s2QIVzZ3tCh1_4gqPEAQYASABEgIJSPD_BwE&lang=en _GB&utm_campaign=&utm_content=s_dc|pcrid|252370474 536|pkw||pmt||slid||pid||&utm_medium=cpc&utm_sourc e=google&utm_term=

https://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Colour-Hairspray-Pink/p/718440?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-7nWhM3s2QIVzZ3tCh1_4gqPEAQYAiABEgJ3rPD_BwE&gclsrc= aw.ds&dclid=CPTsj7HN7NkCFVGr7Qods6gJFA
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 14th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 6,456 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    My friend uses a pink hair chalk.. It washes out really easy when she wants it too so would be perfect for just the holibobs.. I can't remember what the actual product was called tho, I'm sure Goggle would help search it up for you!

Ooh and sound like your DS2 has gastroenteritis my DS2 used to get it at least once a year when he was younger, the worst was 3 weeks, he lost over a stone and in the end after the Drs proved useless a nutritionalist friend of mine suggested small teaspoons of cooked puree apple.. I just simmered an apple down with a desertspoon of water, let it cool and he ate a very small amount to test.. It worked, within 48 hours he was feeling much better and back at school 48 after that! I'm told it's the pectin that helps settle the tum? It could be worth a try once this bout of vom has passed..
    Last edited by MadamMim2013; 14-03-2018 at 9:49 PM. Reason: Whoopsie
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC Feb 18 GC Mar 18 GC Apr 18 GC: May 18 GC £219.40/£300
    Slinky C : 3.5lbs/2st
    :
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Mar 18, 11:35 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    Thanks all.. We tried the chalks and they didn't work too well.. or maybe we need to practice! The spray one might work.. I would never have let the older ones do this.. getting soft in my old age.. lol.. Or maybe I have learned that encouraging their uniqueness and sometimes just saying yes is a positive thing.

Tesco bought and stuffed in my cupboards.. and stomach..

while shopping a call was put out.. for me... Without checking my pocket I said to OH.. oh it's just my bank card I will go get it in a bit. So we finished shopping and I went to customer services while he paid.. I said 'I believe you have my bank card?' .. so he said 'Oh you are one of the few who bothers to sign the back now' .. 'I hope you don't want Id because I have none but I know the 16 digit number if that will do?' .. so in his disbelieving smug voice I get' Go on then' ... so I did... 16 digits, expiry and the security code.. he just laughed and handed the card over.. and his colleague said 'that's pretty impressive' ... I offered to take a bow lmao... Doesn't everyone know their card details???
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 15th Mar 18, 7:19 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,912 Thanks
    Jazee
    Piggers - no, not with that detail.

Morning all. Still a little fragile this morning but need to do finances and stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £1478.11
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 15th Mar 18, 7:20 AM
    • 2,111 Posts
    • 30,752 Thanks
    dancemum
    That!!!8217;s impressive Pigpen I do t know my new one.

Today will be interesting, my back is too painful to bend. I had to get DS2 to feed Miss Muddy Paws.

Hopefully I will be able to attend my course this afternoon.

Not sure if I told you my spaniel pal has gone to rainbow bridge. It is upsetting and he wasn!!!8217;t even my dog.

It was options evening last night and amongst the choices were board games hour and dog walking certificate. DS2 is thinking of doing art, computer science, astronomy, adventure school and young enterprise.

Off to put the wm on if I can get up.

Have a good day x
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 15th Mar 18, 7:40 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Not much flying done yesterday but got 2 big Frogs out of the way. Neither took long once started and were much easier than I imagined. I seem to spend ages worrying about what could go wrong and how hard it could be when in fact it wasn't. Daft! Other success yesterday was taking my lunch to work and parking on edge of town, double benefit, free and a bit of exercise. So good for slinky and purse. Did the same on Tuesday too so nothing spent this week except shopping on Monday which was done with list after menu planning.

At home most of today, working late afternoon, so hope to get washing backlog cleared away, it's bedding and towels from other house so minimal fuss. Kitchen needs a bit of attention and living too so will go and look at lists.

Also need to look at finances and go through in tray in the kitchen, there is paper overflowing and other junk too in there.

First coffee

xx
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 15th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    morning

I've had two full-on days at the paid stuff - makes the days fly by, but I come home and flop!

I'm determined to end the week with at least a little H2H progress so I've developed my own version of the fling boogie - no music and very slow a snail's pace fling

So far - all from the pile of 'stuff' in the living room -

slippers - binned
    book - c/s bag
    old specs -put in bureau (as a spare for emergencies)
    novelty pen - c/s bag
    notebook - added to stash (Fayolle )
    birthday/Easter cards - added to stash
    ear plugs - put in drawer
    bundle of bookmarks - recycled tatty cardboard ones

Not much - but it's a start Every little helps

Get well soon wishes to the poorlies. Hugs, sticks and fluffy mules available as required ; keeping my spoons , sorry .

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 15th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    I've developed my own version of the fling boogie - no music and very slow a snail's pace fling
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    A fling bumble!!

Yesterdays washing rescued from the line and finished off in the TD.

DS2 seems a bit better.. he walked down the stairs without stopping and is talking a bit louder.. and can hold his head up even though he is a bit dizzy. He has kept down the last bottle of homemade rehydration fluid.. the shop bought he upchucked but he kept mine down.. I mixed up a litre in a clean juice bottle last night..

My collar bones are suddenly feeling very pointy!! Where did they come from? And I found ribs this morning. I am all sharp and pointy!! lol...

I confess I did not eat 'just a few' pringle, I ate the whole tube.. but I can burn those calories repainting the kitchen once I have drugged my very painful shoulder into oblivion.. I am having a plug socket fitted in DD3's room tomorrow so I have left her painting for the week and am going to get the kitchen back to beautiful not I have the bathroom pretty. It needs a few adornments in there but it is very nice.. I think I want a shelf above the radiator to put a reed diffuser and a ceramic ornament on.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 15th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 10,467 Posts
    • 114,313 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Kelpie has discovered the wonders of cow's ears and will never be content with anything else as a treat, I fear.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Molly always liked pigs ears; and when she stayed with us, her Dad would leave one for her to have to settle in. I always insisted she eat it on the back lawn.
    Sorry LW.. but I had to laugh.. they can barely be trusted to wipe their own noses it would appear lol
    Not just their noses, if you ask me.

I have, however, got to the bottom of the contactless bit (that was what really, really annoyed me) Apparently the till operator grabbed his card and just tapped it even though he was part-way through saying he wanted to do it the proper way, by entering his PIN. An email was duly sent to @ldi'd Head Office, and I have had a suitably grovelling reply.
    The frustrating thing is that I offered him cash out of my purse before he went, and he said no; if he'd taken it, he wouldn't have needed to use the card at all.
    Doesn't everyone know their card details???
    Not to the detail you do; but I have a "known problem" with sequences of numbers, I tend to reverse them; I even have to stop and think before entering my 4 digit PIN for SM purchases, lest I enter the digits in the wrong order.

GWS vibes for Jazee (migraines are vile!) and Piggers' DS2 Five days of barfing sounds serious.

Dancemum I am so sorry to hear about your Spaniel pal. It doesn't matter that it's not your dog, if you loved them, it hurts when they leave. I have cried buckets over so many of other peoples' dogs.

Lizzie has made a new friend, a Staffy Cross named Badger who goes for his morning walk the same time she does.

Mr LW has been detailed to scrub the loo, as I think it's getting niffy. And as the saying goes, why have a dog and bark yourself?
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 15th Mar 18, 12:44 PM
    • 36,723 Posts
    • 472,690 Thanks
    pigpen
    FGS... DS2 is up... and vomming again... He hasn't eaten since Thursday! I really don't know what to do with him now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,501Posts Today

6,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin