Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kdog123
    • By kdog123 11th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kdog123
    Been a bit of a clown re. old mobile number
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    Been a bit of a clown re. old mobile number 11th Mar 18 at 7:18 PM
    Hi all,
    Switched mobile providers last month, tried to get a pac code off my previous provider, EE but it was a nightmare to get through to them, about 50 different people and i gave up.... busy month at work so it slipped to the back of my mind, but earlier i tried again and they've said that they cant give it me back as it's not a live line.
    I want my old number back but i don't see how i can, not really the end of the world if not and i know i shouldve sorted it a bit earlier but wonder if anyone has any advice!
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 11th Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 1,610 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    If you cancelled without requesting a PAC the number is gone and will be recycled.

When changing provider the first thing to do (after finding alternatives) is call and request your PAC. Using it within thirty days to port your number will also cancel and terminate the service, so that's all you need to do.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 12th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 8,330 Posts
    • 6,142 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    As above, there is now no live number for you to retrieve. I'm sorry.

It might have been good service for EE to have actively offered you the PAC when you cancelled, but there's nothing can be done retrospectively.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 13th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 4,524 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    It will revert to the original issuer - who might not even be EE.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 5,937 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    Most of the time the numbers don't even get recycled. Hence why we now have 074 and 075 mobile number ranges.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,744Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin