Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cherry76
    • By cherry76 11th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 520Posts
    • 41Thanks
    cherry76
    Why is bt be more expensive than other providers
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    Why is bt be more expensive than other providers 11th Mar 18 at 6:33 PM
    I do not mind paying a bit more when bt bb offers ends but paying 20 extra is too much? Why is it bt is much more expensive compared to other providers e.g I was paying 5 with sky when the offers end it was 10. Virgin offers is 29.99 and afters 40 these seem reasonable and am quite happy to pay extra. With bt I can only get max 3mb for 42.99 after offers end. I guess it is time for to switch but have always been happy with except for the high bt broadband. Considering plus net for bt sports and virgin for high speed.
Page 1
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 11th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 5,207 Posts
    • 5,328 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    BT has always been the most expensive, possibly because they are the original and still largest telephone supplier. They have a certain captive clientele who will stay with BT almost without regard to the cost.

You should certainly be able to get another deal with BT when yours finishes.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 2,224 Posts
    • 1,032 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    Why is it bt is much more expensive compared to other providers e.g I was paying 5 with sky when the offers end it was 10.
    Originally posted by cherry76
    I don't know where you got those figures from (unless it was 15 years ago) but 12 months ago Sky's full price for ADSL was 27.40 (that's 10 for broadband & 17.40 for line rental).

They have had (at least) two price rises since and it's 30 now including the latest raise. Still generally cheaper than BT but certainly not cheap.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 12th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    I changed back to BT late last year because SKY was getting too expensive in comparison.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,651Users online

Martin's Twitter