Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ct_jnr1989
    • By ct_jnr1989 11th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ct_jnr1989
    Mobile phones direct
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    Mobile phones direct 11th Mar 18 at 6:30 PM
    Hi there

Just looking for a bit of advice, mobilephonesdirect.co.uk have a deal for the iPhone x at the moment, looks good to me but unsure of what other experiences are? does anyone have anything they can share?

Thanks

Craig
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 12th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 7,719 Posts
    • 2,484 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    If it's a cashback deal you need to understand completely how they work. For cashback they are like no other in terms of paying - as long as they don't go bust. I stopped using them when they faile to pay Quidco cashback (on two contracts) and the deals weren't so good, otherwise I wouldn't be using anyone else. They also messed up their own payment months on three deals towards the end - but that wasn't really a problem since I ensured we still got paid.

Very poor experiences on phone delivery last time too; took weeks with little to no communication. In fact, I've never know them deliver according to the timescales they quote. Apart from that, why wouldn't you use them? Third party providers are usually cheaper than networks direct.
    • sully1311
    • By sully1311 15th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    sully1311
    • 15th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    Ordered my iPhone 6 from them back in the day with no issues.
    • acc
    • By acc 15th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    acc
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    I have been using mobilephonesdirect for six or seven contracts over the recent years, because their deals with Talkmobile used to be quite good, and they used to pay Topcashback, and used to pay the cashback claims promptly.

However, their post-Talkmobile deals are not nearly as good, and they declined the Topcashback on my latest contract.

I have put a claim into Topcashback, and await to see whether they honour the Topcashback. I will then have to see whether they honour the five cashback claims that I will be making over the next 24 months.

I regret taking the contract with mobilephonesdirect, particularly because only a week or so after I took that contract, several networks separately phoned or texted me with competitive sim-only offers that do not involve cashback.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 31,630 Posts
    • 19,954 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    Used MPD before, was easy with claiming the cashback. I would have gone with them again if I could. If it is a cashback deal just make sure you stick to the rules, dont put off submitting the relevant bill and do it when it needs to be submitted.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 15-03-2018 at 7:27 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 15th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 7,719 Posts
    • 2,484 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    I have been using mobilephonesdirect for six or seven contracts over the recent years, because their deals with Talkmobile used to be quite good, and they used to pay Topcashback, and used to pay the cashback claims promptly.

However, their post-Talkmobile deals are not nearly as good, and they declined the Topcashback on my latest contract.

I have put a claim into Topcashback, and await to see whether they honour the Topcashback. I will then have to see whether they honour the five cashback claims that I will be making over the next 24 months.

I regret taking the contract with mobilephonesdirect, particularly because only a week or so after I took that contract, several networks separately phoned or texted me with competitive sim-only offers that do not involve cashback.
    Originally posted by acc
    TCB won't. I had the same issue with two contracts via Quidco. They not refused to pay up but lied about what MPD had told them. I cancelled my membership with Quidco after having the same issue with TCB over two Mobiles.co orders. Cashback sites nowadays simply can't be trusted.

MPD has and will pay cashback fast as lightening - provided you follow the groundrules and they are still around to pay up. I've had dozens of contracts from them for myself and others, but stopped using them after the Quidco distaste.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,915Posts Today

8,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin