Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SANNA
    • By SANNA 11th Mar 18, 4:34 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SANNA
    Black Box Removal (More than smart wheels)
    • 11th Mar 18, 4:34 PM
    Black Box Removal (More than smart wheels) 11th Mar 18 at 4:34 PM
    Does anyone know what you can be charged for black box removal if I don't want to renew my policy? I saw on another thread that they just deactivate the SIM after you end your policy. On my costs document they mention box removal at policy cancellation to be 85 + 25 admin fee. Not sure if I've answered my own question or not? I'm with more than smart wheels if that makes any difference, does anyone know what happens if you don't renew your policy with them?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Mar 18, 4:47 PM
    • 35,600 Posts
    • 19,813 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Mar 18, 4:47 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 4:47 PM
    It does look like your questions are covered in the docs you hold!

Though you aren't intending to actually cancel are you?

The quote you have given refers to cancellation!
    • SANNA
    • By SANNA 11th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SANNA
    • 11th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    Guess I'll be paying an extra 110 then
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 11th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    There is a difference between cancelling a policy, and not renewing a policy.

Check your documents again for any costs of removal if you don't renew, or if the policy 'lapses'.
    • SANNA
    • By SANNA 11th Mar 18, 5:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SANNA
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:40 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:40 PM
    Will do thank you very much! I thought there might of been a difference!
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 11th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 2,081 Posts
    • 3,565 Thanks
    rudekid48
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    Why do you want to get the box removed? If you dont renew then the SIM will be deactivated over the air and the box will be dead. Why go through the expense of having it removed?
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    • SANNA
    • By SANNA 11th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SANNA
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    I dont know if they would want remove it at the end of my policy or not, I'm wondering if I need to pay for that if they do? I don't really fancy having something like that in my car if I'm not using it either. I'm not sure if the SIM thing is true.
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 11th Mar 18, 10:44 PM
    • 2,081 Posts
    • 3,565 Thanks
    rudekid48
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:44 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:44 PM
    I dont know if they would want remove it at the end of my policy or not, I'm wondering if I need to pay for that if they do? I don't really fancy having something like that in my car if I'm not using it either. I'm not sure if the SIM thing is true.
    Originally posted by SANNA
    It is true, but just phone more than, they'll explain it to you.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,700Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin