Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kit1
    • By Kit1 11th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    • 282Posts
    • 358Thanks
    Kit1
    Best Instant Access Account for elderly parent?
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    Best Instant Access Account for elderly parent? 11th Mar 18 at 1:25 PM
    Hi

My mum would like to start saving for a holiday and has asked me to find her the best instant access savings account for her. I have tried looking at rates on the internet until they are a jumble.

The account needs to be a book account so she can go into the branch when she has a little extra to put away (I know not the best way to save).

Any any advice would be appreciated.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
Page 1
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    18cc
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    If she plans to go into a branch to deposit her savings then the first question is what branches (banks, building societies, PO etc) can she access. Once that is known, we can recommend an account.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 11th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 2,533 Posts
    • 1,639 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    Hi

The account needs to be a book account so she can go into the branch when she has a little extra to put away
    Originally posted by Kit1
    Very few book accounts about these days.

Who does she bank with ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • agatham
    • By agatham 11th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    agatham
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    Did you check this URL >> https://www.money.co.uk/savings-accounts/instant-access-savings.htm

The above URL might be useful. I personally like Royal Bank of Scotland as one can open account with just 1.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 11th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    18cc
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    Good suggestion but only if her RBS bank branch is within travelling distance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,900Posts Today

8,579Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin