Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scruffyone
    • By scruffyone 11th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 310Posts
    • 11Thanks
    scruffyone
    Deleted contents of folder in Outlook in error
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    Deleted contents of folder in Outlook in error 11th Mar 18 at 12:14 PM
    I made a new folder in Outlook and then moved the contents of the original folder to the new folder, I thought. However, the new folder is there but no contents. I have searched through all my existing folders and cannot find the originals nor are they in the deleted folder.

Now tearing my hair out as the files in the original folder were extremely important.

Can anyone help but with a non-techie explanaton.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 11th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 3,914 Posts
    • 302,542 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    Is it Outlook the physical program, or outlook as in outlook.com?

I'm assuming it's the program, try going to the folder and click on the settings menu, go to advanced and see if there's any filtering enabled (disable anything that is)?

I think most versions are similar but the process might be slightly different depending on which version of OUtlook you're running.
    Last edited by sleepyjones; 11-03-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 11th Mar 18, 2:05 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:05 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:05 PM
    If it is Outlook the programme, is it POP3 or imap? If imap, you might/should have a copy of the contents on your email provider's server. Failing that, can you find a back-up file in a similar/same location as your .ost/.pst file?
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 11th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    • 3,514 Posts
    • 1,584 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    Just checking you've already checked using webmail... https://login.live.com/ ** assuming you have a Microsoft email address **
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 11-03-2018 at 2:38 PM.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin