Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • funnymonkey
    • By funnymonkey 11th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 109Posts
    • 15Thanks
    funnymonkey
    Wtc so low after reducing hours to care for child
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    Wtc so low after reducing hours to care for child 11th Mar 18 at 11:26 AM
    Good morning.
    Happy mothers day to you all.
    Can anyone please help me?
    I have earnt 26k so far this year and this week had to reduce my working week to 2 days to care for my sick son
    I looked on line at the benefit calculator at it says that I should get far more than the £20.00 I got this Friday.
    As yet I have yet to receive any adjusted amount in a letter but this is extremely low.
    Could it be because 26k is taken into account for this tax year and I will get an amended amount in April that the benefits calculator is way out?
    Many thanks for your help
Page 1
    • clairec79
    • By clairec79 11th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 2,362 Posts
    • 6,270 Thanks
    clairec79
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    That is most likely, they take it as your yearly income, so this year will be messed up as there's such a small amount of time for them to try and balance it
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 11th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    • 5,107 Posts
    • 3,318 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    Very simply, tax credits is based on your income for the tax year. Luckily the tax year changes shortly so call after 6th April with expected income for 2018/19 and they'll readjust.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,266Posts Today

8,105Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin