Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NigeWick
    • By NigeWick 11th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 2,869Posts
    • 1,159Thanks
    NigeWick
    Electric Vehicle
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    Electric Vehicle 11th Mar 18 at 9:21 AM
    I have bought a new Nissan Leaf 2.ZERO and got it on Friday. I have only driven it from the seller to home so do not have any real news yet.

That said, it drives a lot better than the old version and there are a LOT of buttons. It looks as though a number of the panels are the same, such as doors, front pillars and roof. The wheels and seats are the same and I believe the chassis is too, although the seats do have different covers.

I have a myenergi Zappi smart charger on order that should be installed next Saturday. This device will allow even small amounts of my excess solar to help charge the battery.

I will update as I get to use the car.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
Page 1
    • theboylard
    • By theboylard 11th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 2,790 Thanks
    theboylard
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    Any chance of some pics or video Nige?
    Have you bought outright or lease/pcp/hire/borrow/auctioned children?!
    Did the dealer move much on price and did you get any incentives?

20 questions on a Sunday! Sorry
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 11th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    • 3,150 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    I'm thinking of buying one. In two or three years time, once somebody else has paid the depreciation.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • NigeWick
    • By NigeWick 12th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 2,869 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    NigeWick
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    Any chance of some pics or video Nige?
    Have you bought outright or lease/pcp/hire/borrow/auctioned children?!
    Did the dealer move much on price and did you get any incentives?
    Originally posted by theboylard
    I haven't uploaded pictures here before so I'll have to learn how to do it.

I am in the fortunate position that I could buy it outright. Mum died year before last and I used part of my inheritance. I expect this car to last me until Transport as a Service can take over.

I obviously didn't haggle hard enough. I went armed with an on line price and asked for carpets, boot line and paintwork & interior protection instead of the lower cost. The sales manager agreed without a quibble. I then found that the shark fin aerial is an extra, then I want mud flaps and I suspect I could have got them included too.

It drives far better than the 30kWh Leaf I shall be handing over to my younger daughter and husband. There's over a year to go on the lease and they agreed to pay me what I pay so that I could buy the new car.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
    • rustyg
    • By rustyg 12th Mar 18, 12:08 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    rustyg
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:08 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:08 PM
    Do you have a link to what you bought so we can read the technical specs and advertising blurb?
    • NigeWick
    • By NigeWick 13th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 2,869 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    NigeWick
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    Do you have a link to what you bought so we can read the technical specs and advertising blurb?
    Originally posted by rustyg
    https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/leaf.html I bought a Spring Cloud Green Nissan Leaf 2.ZERO
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter