Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 11th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 156Posts
    • 164Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    How valuable is no chain?
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    How valuable is no chain? 11th Mar 18 at 9:06 AM
    How much bargaining power do you think buyers with no chain have in this present climate ?
Page 2
    • victoriavictorious
    • By victoriavictorious 11th Mar 18, 2:21 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    victoriavictorious
    They can ask, but I'd be withdrawing my offer at that point as I find it a thoroughly bizarre request. My "token of financial commitment" is instructing my pre-arrranged solicitor and shelling out for searches.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Exactly. This kind of agreement needs to be advantageous to both parties; this is one-sided entirely in the seller's favour. Where is the benefit for the buyer? In such a scenario, the seller surely should likewise be laying the same amount of dosh on the table in case they decide to pull the plug or do a bit of last-minute gazumping!
    • Pancake1302
    • By Pancake1302 11th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pancake1302
    It depends on the seller's situation! If they're looking for a quick sale, then they may be willing to accept a slightly lower offer from someone with no chain.
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 11th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    My friend just offered asking price with no chain and they have refused. That is just a bit odd ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin