Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • earthan7dor1
    • By earthan7dor1 11th Mar 18, 6:31 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 0Thanks
    earthan7dor1
    CARAVAN TALK and its billious posters
    • 11th Mar 18, 6:31 AM
    CARAVAN TALK and its billious posters 11th Mar 18 at 6:31 AM
    What is it about certain forums, that when someone genuinely wants help and advice creates a thread; there is a certain bitter element in the community determined to heinously spew their bile to decimate the 'threader' - conveniently from a protected vantage point of hiding behind a Username? They don't even know the person, never met them, don't know what is/not happening in their life?

Yetm when the upset threader has the temerity to answer like with like, THEY are the one (ostensibly) in the wrong? Mind you, they are in good company. According to news 'out there', CARAVAN TALK banned a leading caravan company, simply because they refused to 'donate' to the site! How autocratic is that! Isn't 'donate' a choice?

There should be a health warning with those type of forums - it would save a load of time and unwarranted upset, to know it's not safe to go there in the first place.
Page 1
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 11th Mar 18, 7:14 AM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 2,270 Thanks
    seashore22
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:14 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:14 AM
    I'm disappointed.

Honestly thought this was going to be about posters (those paper things that teenagers hang on their bedroom walls) in nausea inducing colours. I love a good art critique, but sadly it's not to be.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 11th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    • 7,096 Posts
    • 5,870 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    After witnessing a caravan owner insisting on reversing under a tree damaging both the van and tree despite vast space either side to pitch then ignore the adjacent parking space and park their car at a bizarre angle, six inches from the entrance to a tent forcing the tent owners to move their tent to access it, all done for no apparent reason other than gross stupidity, nothing on a caravan forum would surprise me.

The knee length socks and sandals summed him up.
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 11-03-2018 at 9:48 AM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • marlot
    • By marlot 11th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 3,499 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    marlot
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    .... According to news 'out there', CARAVAN TALK banned a leading caravan company, simply because they refused to 'donate' to the site! How autocratic is that! Isn't 'donate' a choice?.
    Originally posted by earthan7dor1
    You're aware that 'free' sites cost money to host?

It's common to ask traders to help pay the costs - and in return they can post under their company name, engage with their customers etc.

when someone genuinely wants help and advice creates a thread; there is a certain bitter element in the community determined to heinously spew their bile to decimate the 'threader' - conveniently from a protected vantage point of hiding behind a Username?
    Moderating a forum is a pretty thankless task. There are always a few idiots. Its tricky deciding how far to let some things run and when to step in.

Yetm when the upset threader has the temerity to answer like with like, THEY are the one (ostensibly) in the wrong?
    Maybe they stay just the right side of the moderating rules, whereas you did not? If you have to resort to 'but she pulled my hair first' maybe you've lost too? If you had a problem, maybe you should have contacted a moderator? Do you know for sure that the other poster(s) didn't get warnings too?

They don't even know the person, never met them, don't know what is/not happening in their life?
    That's true of every forum. And indeed every interaction in life. You don't know if my dog died yesterday, whether I have a serious illness, whether I've taken my medication this morning.
    Last edited by marlot; 11-03-2018 at 8:30 AM.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 11th Mar 18, 11:43 AM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 1,635 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:43 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:43 AM
    "What is it about certain forums, that when someone genuinely wants help and advice creates a thread; there is a certain bitter element in the community determined to heinously spew their bile to decimate the 'threader' - conveniently from a protected vantage point of hiding behind a Username? They don't even know the person, never met them, don't know what is/not happening in their life?"

Sounds very much like many posters on M.S.E. too.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 11th Mar 18, 12:37 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 2,270 Thanks
    seashore22
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:37 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:37 PM
    "What is it about certain forums, that when someone genuinely wants help and advice creates a thread; there is a certain bitter element in the community determined to heinously spew their bile to decimate the 'threader' - conveniently from a protected vantage point of hiding behind a Username? They don't even know the person, never met them, don't know what is/not happening in their life?"

Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    The op should really know that by now if you look at his/her previous rants. It's a 100% rant rate and received in the usual way.
    Last edited by seashore22; 11-03-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 33,555 Posts
    • 28,512 Thanks
    custardy
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    What is it about certain forums, that when someone genuinely wants help and advice creates a thread; there is a certain bitter element in the community determined to heinously spew their bile to decimate the 'threader' - conveniently from a protected vantage point of hiding behind a Username? They don't even know the person, never met them, don't know what is/not happening in their life?

Yetm when the upset threader has the temerity to answer like with like, THEY are the one (ostensibly) in the wrong? Mind you, they are in good company. According to news 'out there', CARAVAN TALK banned a leading caravan company, simply because they refused to 'donate' to the site! How autocratic is that! Isn't 'donate' a choice?

There should be a health warning with those type of forums - it would save a load of time and unwarranted upset, to know it's not safe to go there in the first place.
    You mean a leading caravan company using the forum as an avenue to raise their profile with potential customers?
    • marlot
    • By marlot 11th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 3,499 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    marlot
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    The op should really know that by now if you look at his/her previous rants. It's a 100% rant rate and received in the usual way.
    Originally posted by seashore22
    Yes - I've just spent a few moments looking at some of their previous rants. It seems that they manage to rub people up the wrong way when they meet them face to face too!

I don't believe they've ever pressed the 'thanks' button.

I'm not suprised they were banned from a forum less tolerant than this one.
    Last edited by marlot; 11-03-2018 at 6:00 PM.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Mar 18, 5:50 PM
    • 20,189 Posts
    • 54,183 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:50 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 5:50 PM
    CARAVAN TALK
    Just curious why this needed capitals...
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Mar 18, 7:34 PM
    • 27,223 Posts
    • 10,967 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Have you tried ukcampsite oh my... Been banned several times because I marked their misleading articles as spam/advertising.

Site admin has several accounts and posts what a brilliant product I bought, no your the site admin and you received the product freely to post a fake glowing review, even when said product has some obvious design flaws.

Yes sites get products for review, no foul in that but pretending to be a normal poster and not declaring its basically an advert is wrong.

Although the OP fails to mention what the issue was in their case, i do wonder if its i bought a twin axle caravan and want to know if my 1L fiesta can tow it. They then get upset when told its stupidly dangerous when they reveal they have already towed it.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 11th Mar 18, 11:35 PM
    • 3,152 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    Ectophile

Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    Just have a look at the Motoring forum here on MSE.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 12th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 3,642 Posts
    • 9,956 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Just have a look at the Motoring forum here on MSE.
    Originally posted by Ectophile
    Perhaps because some of the "petrolheads" who post on that forum only have " pedal car" budgets and are as jealous as hell.
    • kinglewis121
    • By kinglewis121 12th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    kinglewis121
    the fact there is even a forum that exists called 'caravan talk' said all that needed to be said......
    Empire Stores - 2400 - 1900 - 1230 - 780
    Natwest Fighting Back for 450 in charges
    Three - 150 x POOF ALL GONE !
    " If your going through hell keep going "
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 13th Mar 18, 12:28 AM
    • 8,639 Posts
    • 8,985 Thanks
    pogofish
    Looks like my deleted post on this thread touched a nerve somewhere - Well, you have your answer then.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Mar 18, 10:05 AM
    • 20,189 Posts
    • 54,183 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Looks like my deleted post on this thread touched a nerve somewhere - Well, you have your answer then.
    Originally posted by pogofish
    I don't recall seeing your post - but at least this thread has been posted on the right board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter