Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 10th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 887Posts
    • 35Thanks
    wallofbeans
    BT prepaid Mastercard as part payment?
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    BT prepaid Mastercard as part payment? 10th Mar 18 at 10:01 PM
    Hi all,

I've got a pre-paid BT Mastercard with some cash on it and want to use as part-payment of an online order. But I'm worried what will happen if I type in the card details. Will it try and take the whole amount from this card? Will I suddenly be in debt on this credit card?

The card doesn't have enough on it to cover this cost and I want to pay the rest with my debit card as normal. How can I make that happen?
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Mar 18, 10:05 PM
    • 2,171 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    venison
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:05 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:05 PM
    Usually when you pay for something online you input the card details of the car you want to use and it takes the full amount, not sure you could split the payment, maybe if you order by phone if possible you could do what you want to?
    Ex Board Guide
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 10th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    wallofbeans
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    That's what I've realised. It wont let me split it.

EDIT: I think I might have cracked it. I can buy myself a voucher for this online store with the prepaid credit card, and then use that voucher as part payment. It should work!
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 11th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    wallofbeans
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    For anyone else - it did work!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter