Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dishwasherwoes
    • By dishwasherwoes 10th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dishwasherwoes
    Bosch dishwasher woes/Engineer Callout
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    Bosch dishwasher woes/Engineer Callout 10th Mar 18 at 9:46 PM
    I have had an exchange of emails with Bosch regarding organising an engineer call out to repair a dishwasher that we believe failed before the warranty but was reported a few months after the 2 year warranty expired.

Bosch kindly agreed (or decided on their own as I will explain) to do the repair charging the call out fee but not charging the cost of the parts.

Its not clear from the emails if labour is included in the 109 but apparently according to the website that should be included.

The lady from Bosch bizarrely set the engineer appointment up without asking whether we would want that. It is also an inconvenient date. They also seem to think we are within the M25, which we are not, thus charging us more.

I am also very concerned reading accounts of other Bosch customers. They called out Engineers and the parts were "not available" even though they were leaving the customer with a call-out charge of ~ 100 and no repair. Perhaps this will happen to us. To be fair to Bosch, I obviously don't know the details of these cases.

Should I cancel the appointment? I really dislike having to make this post and Bosch have been very courteous in terms of the tone of their emails but I am concerned when it comes down to the end result.
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 11th Mar 18, 12:32 AM
    • 10,044 Posts
    • 11,314 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:32 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:32 AM
    I recently had to get a Bosch extractor repaired and decided to use a Bosch engineer to do this.
    The initial fee was 99 (I'm outside of the M25) and was told that this price was for all labour irrespective of how long the job took.
    Inside the M25 the fee is 109 and this will cover all labour costs.

The engineer turned up, diagnosed the problem (faulty fan) then when he checked on availability of spares, told me it would have to come from Germany and would take about a week and gave me the price of the item.
    I made another appointment for 9 days later and he arrived on time, fitted the part and as promised, charged me 99 for labour + the cost of the fan.

Give Bosch customer services a call (0344 892 8979) and it's very easy to reschedule an appointment and if you do this, point out to them that you in fact live outside of the M25 area so the labour rate should be the lower figure.
    • dishwasherwoes
    • By dishwasherwoes 11th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dishwasherwoes
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    dishwasher
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

So you had to pay 198 + the cost of the fan or did you pay just 99 + cost of the fan?
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 11th Mar 18, 11:38 AM
    • 10,044 Posts
    • 11,314 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:38 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:38 AM
    The total cost for the labour was 99.
    The engineer told me that this was a set price irrespective of how long the job took or how many visits were required to complete the work.
    • dishwasherwoes
    • By dishwasherwoes 11th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dishwasherwoes
    • 11th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    Repair
    • 11th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    Ok. Many thanks for replying, actually that was exactly the information I needed. Cheers.

The lady from Bosch also left an answer machine message explaining a few things and she seemed pleasant so I am less concerned right now.
    Last edited by dishwasherwoes; 11-03-2018 at 3:49 PM. Reason: Because I chose to
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter