Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • craig1123
    • By craig1123 10th Mar 18, 7:02 PM
    • 141Posts
    • 57Thanks
    craig1123
    Defaulted account cleared-what should experian
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:02 PM
    Defaulted account cleared-what should experian 10th Mar 18 at 7:02 PM
    ...show

Hi my girlfriend had two defaulted accounts for years which she didnt make payments to.

We set up a payment plan and cleared one 6 months ago and one a few months ago. I just want to check what is showing on the accounts now is correct.

This is copied from her experian report through the credit club
    Account1 (Acount Cleared Nov 2017)
    Last updated bubble: 12/12/2017
    Current Status: Default / Ended

Last month is showing as '!', balance 0.
    Previous month is showing as '!', balance 1257

Account2 (account cleared June 2017)
    Last updated bubble: 13/12/2015

Last month is showing as '!', balance 0.
    Previous month (and 6 previous) are showing as '?' (No information), balance 0

a) Should account1 still have a current status as Default / Ended?
    b) Should account1 still have a '!' (Account is 'default' - credit agreement has ended) status for last month?
    C) Why is account2 showing as last updated in 2015?
    d) Should account2 still have a current status as Default / Ended
    e) Should account2 still have a '!' (Account is 'default' - credit agreement has ended) status for last month?
    f) Should account2 have a '?' (No information) status for the previous months?

Thanks in advance and if anyone know of an easier way of showing this data please let me know!
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    The statuses are correct.

The accounts were defaulted and now settled/ended.

The account will drop off the report 6 years from the default date.
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 11th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    Defaults stay on your credit report for 6 years, regardless of whether they are paid off or not.

It shows the account was defaulted, and that it is closed with a 0 balance. Therefore it is correct.

The default will not be removed from the credit report until 6 years have passed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,700Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin