Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 10th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3,880Posts
    • 2,926Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Meet n Greet - Dashcam Question
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Meet n Greet - Dashcam Question 10th Mar 18 at 4:10 PM
    When using meet n greet parking at an airport, do those who have a dashcam hardwired in, remove it or keep it in?
    Was thinking could be an idea to keep it in, and have it in parking mode, but then wonder if it will still be there when i return and if i could claim if it went 'missing'.
Page 1
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    I would think that a meet and greet company is responsible for any theft/damage whilst the keys are in their possession. You'd need to read their T&Cs.
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 10th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 2,926 Thanks
    saintscouple
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    I would think that a meet and greet company is responsible for any theft/damage whilst the keys are in their possession. You'd need to read their T&Cs.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Thank you

It states -
    Valuables should not be left in the vehicle. All vehicles contents are left at owners risk.

It's with FHR parking, but just wondered what others have done.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Mar 18, 4:57 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:57 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:57 PM
    If it's hard wired I wouldn't call it a valuable or content being left in the car, it's a part of the car. IMO.
    • stoneman
    • By stoneman 10th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 4,196 Posts
    • 3,155 Thanks
    stoneman
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    I leave mine in. Good idea I did. I always log the distance the car has traveled while in their possession.

I got a bit suspicious once and reviewed the dashcam. The car had been moved 4 times while we were away and even taken to a sports centre and left there for 3 days.

I reported it to the company and they refunded me the 100 I had paid them to look after it.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 10th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 2,926 Thanks
    saintscouple
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    I leave mine in. Good idea I did. I always log the distance the car has traveled while in their possession.

I got a bit suspicious once and reviewed the dashcam. The car had been moved 4 times while we were away and even taken to a sports centre and left there for 3 days.

I reported it to the company and they refunded me the 100 I had paid them to look after it.
    Originally posted by stoneman
    Wow! That's shocking!

Think i'll leave mine in, at the end of the day if they bring the car back without it i can always call the police to report the theft. If i remember i can take a photo of it there when i drop off the car as evidence it having been there.

I'm sure they won't take it though, just hope the driving and parking will be ok, which i'm hopeful there will be no problem.

Sorry the hear how you were treated, and thanks for taking the time to share.
    • ic
    • By ic 11th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 1,325 Thanks
    ic
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    If you don't trust the meet-and-greeters, then why are you leaving your car with them?
    * my posts are made in good faith and only represent my own opinion, experience or understanding of a situation.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 12th Mar 18, 1:10 AM
    • 13,960 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:10 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:10 AM
    Quite a few people seem to leave their dashcams in the vehicle.

Last edited by Gloomendoom; 12-03-2018 at 1:13 AM.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 12th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    • 7,718 Posts
    • 11,276 Thanks
    jackieblack
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    Wow! That's shocking!
    Originally posted by saintscouple
    I thought that was the norm
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 12th Mar 18, 7:14 AM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 2,926 Thanks
    saintscouple
    If you don't trust the meet-and-greeters, then why are you leaving your car with them?
    Originally posted by ic
    Didn't say i don't trust them.
    I've just purchased my first dashcam and was thinking ahead when i go to the airport what others did. That's all.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 12th Mar 18, 10:07 AM
    • 9,973 Posts
    • 11,243 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    Didn't say i don't trust them.
    I've just purchased my first dashcam and was thinking ahead when i go to the airport what others did. That's all.
    Was thinking could be an idea to keep it in, and have it in parking mode, but then wonder if it will still be there when i return and if i could claim if it went 'missing'.
    If you trust them, why would you have to wonder if your dashcam may be stolen?
    • martindow
    • By martindow 12th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 7,550 Posts
    • 4,281 Thanks
    martindow
    I suspect these drivers are paid per trip. There's a lot of incentive to speed and take no notice of speed bumps and potholes. It's not really surprising - the gig economy in action!
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 14th Mar 18, 6:39 AM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 2,926 Thanks
    saintscouple
    If you trust them, why would you have to wonder if your dashcam may be stolen?
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa
    As i'm just trying to cover every angle from my proposed actions to try and ensure i do the right thing. I over analyse everything, it's just my thing of having no confidence in what i do.
    • Indout96
    • By Indout96 14th Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    • 1,765 Posts
    • 2,508 Thanks
    Indout96
    Never had one before but will be leaving mine in next week when we go on holiday. We use the official meet & greet at Manchester Airport and have never had a problem yet (runs off to find some wood to touch)
    Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall.
    Oversteer is when the back of the car hits the wall
    BHP is how fast you hit the wall
    Torque is how far you take the wall after you hit it.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 15th Mar 18, 11:52 AM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,078 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    I checked mine after leaving at the official Gatwick valet parking. I was surprised how carefully they drove the car to and from the compound!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin