Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gloryninja
    • By gloryninja 10th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gloryninja
    Bank is chargebacking every transaction i made
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    Bank is chargebacking every transaction i made 10th Mar 18 at 2:56 PM
    Hello,

I wont get into too much details on why my santander was closed... but i was sent a fraudulent payment to my account for two PC's i sold totalling 4000.

After 3 weeks, i could not login to my account and apparently they are closing my account and provided no other explanation. I showed invoices and receipts in the branch , and usually it would of been sorted then and there, but i was told i will recieve a letter and apparently, everything seems fine from my end.

Then all of a sudden, anyone i made payments too that was over 200, were getting contacted by there banks saying there account will be closed. This included family, friends and clients.

Over 25 people were impacted... santander requesting money back from these people and 3 peoples account was closed because of this. I do not understand why they did this?

Many assume i purposely requested a chargeback when i did not, and has now ruined my financial state and my business.

I had one person come to my home with a darn baseball bat because he thought it was me who purposely claimed the money back ... when it was santander. I actually got into a fight, self defence but i was raging due to what santander did to me and my reputation which now is ruined because of someone who sent me 4000 fraudulently . This has become seriously dangerous now.. i am blocked from my main source of income as well since the website assumes it was all me.

I cannot provide to much details but is santander allowed to do this? My brother was impacted and so was my friends ... luckily they had to go bank and sort it out.

What was the purpose of this? I was physically attacked because of this as well and santander refuses to give me an explanation!

Please help!

TO ADD : There is nothing from the past that validates there reason behind this.

The only thing i can think about is the payment that was made to my account. Even when i showed them proof of purchase... it was not enough. But why are they targeting everyone else? People now consider me a thief ? The amount of threatening text and emails ive received ... i do not know what to do
    Last edited by gloryninja; 10-03-2018 at 3:05 PM.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 33,202 Posts
    • 39,150 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    Your account has obviously raised some red flags on their systems , large churning of cash possibly , the fraudulent payment you mentioned , who knows.

4000 is alot for 2 PCs and if that is your normal level of transactions on what sounds like a private account , not a business account

The bank has a legal responsibility to identify money laundering and fraud
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 10th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 24,883 Posts
    • 12,071 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    OP reading some of your past posts you must be one of the most unlucky people on the planet.

I don't believe a word of it to be honest the bit about 25 cases of accounts being closed unless you were part of some huge fraud ring - if you were of course you would not be on here telling about it would you?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 10th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    • 1,772 Posts
    • 1,550 Thanks
    eschaton
    • 10th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    OP reading some of your past posts you must be one of the most unlucky people on the planet.

I don't believe a word of it to be honest the bit about 25 cases of accounts being closed unless you were part of some huge fraud ring - if you were of course you would not be on here telling about it would you?
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever

Unlucky doesn't even cover it
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 10th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    Another forum fantasist.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 10th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    • 30,157 Posts
    • 18,015 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    I don't believe a word of it to be honest the bit about 25 cases of accounts being closed
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    25 were "impacted", of which only 3 were closed...allegedly!
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 11th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 2,363 Posts
    • 1,078 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    You say
    Then all of a sudden, anyone i made payments too that was over 200, were getting contacted by there banks saying there account will be closed. This included family, friends and clients.
    My brother was impacted and so was my friends ... luckily they had to go bank and sort it out.
    Why are you making payments of over 200 from your account to family and friends. This is hardly normal is it?
    And by the way it's their not there and were my friends not was my friends..
    • Badger50
    • By Badger50 11th Mar 18, 11:42 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Badger50
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:42 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 11:42 AM
    Over 25 payments over 200 comes to more than 5000. The OP thought there was 4000 in his/her account which in fact had either been fraudulently removed or frozen as suspicious.Either way it wasn't available to spend. So it seems quite probable that the bank simply declined to let the OP overdraw and ended the banking relationship. But what were all those 200+ payments for? And 4000 for 2 computers sounds very odd, not to mention someone coming round with a baseball bat. If true it all sounds extremely dodgy.
    • Badger50
    • By Badger50 11th Mar 18, 12:00 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Badger50
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:00 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:00 PM
    10 Mar 18 "TO ADD : There is nothing from the past that validates there reason behind this."

22 Feb 18 "Aqua Card closes my account no notice sent"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5799295
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 11th Mar 18, 12:37 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    I have never heard of a bank contacting non-clients to request funds back from an account that's under review.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • Gentoo365
    • By Gentoo365 11th Mar 18, 1:43 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    Gentoo365
    If someone is coming to your house with a baseball bat to demand payment then maybe you are in the wrong kind of business.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin