Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mir30
    • By Mir30 10th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mir30
    WYP parking notice
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    WYP parking notice 10th Mar 18 at 2:03 PM
    The driver went to Shimla's on Great Horton Road Bradford and parked behind where there are some garages. They had not seen signs saying parking is not allowed here and were surprised to find a PCN on windscreen due to causing an obstruction. Apparently a few other drivers had received a PCN and told the driver to ignore it which they did.
    Thinking back to it I should have gone further and mentioned about markings as I went to see this area and there isn't any road markings outside the gate to indicate where not to park. Also there are two signs directly in front of where the vehicle was parked and are pretty too close together saying 'parking for Shimlas customers' and 'no parking'.
    Please can you guide me can I ignore it because it is from a private company or if I appeal it what shall I write.
    I am refusing to pay on the basis of poor signage (just one small sign, no markings on pavement etc)
    I have been told because it is a private company legally they can not do anything.
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 10th Mar 18, 2:25 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:25 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:25 PM
    The driver went to Shimla's on Great Horton Road Bradford and parked behind where there are some garages. They had not seen signs saying parking is not allowed here and were surprised to find a PCN on windscreen due to causing an obstruction. Apparently a few other drivers had received a PCN and told the driver to ignore it which they did.
    Thinking back to it I should have gone further and mentioned about markings as I went to see this area and there isn't any road markings outside the gate to indicate where not to park. Also there are two signs directly in front of where the vehicle was parked and are pretty too close together saying 'parking for Shimlas customers' and 'no parking'.
    Please can you guide me can I ignore it because it is from a private company or if I appeal it what shall I write.
    I am refusing to pay on the basis of poor signage (just one small sign, no markings on pavement etc)
    I have been told because it is a private company legally they can not do anything.
    Originally posted by Rahila.Ali
    Ask a board guide to move this to the correct part of the forum and read the Newbies Sticky there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,429 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    See if they'll also change your user name for you (I assume that is your real name?).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter