Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 10th Mar 18, 11:55 AM
    • 3,095Posts
    • 1,607Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    Re-open eBay return.
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:55 AM
    Re-open eBay return. 10th Mar 18 at 11:55 AM
    A few days ago I purchased an item and the seller has sent the wrong type. Listing is for H4 headlight lamps and they sent HB4.
    Sent them, it's a Toyota dealership, two messages about this without any response to date.
    Opened a not as described through eBay and wish to return. Decided to give them one more chance through messages and cancelled the return request. Still no reply.
    Now I find it is not an option to start another return because I closed the original.
    After all the above ramble, is there a way I can open another return without actully contacting eBay directly?
    Thanks in advance.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    • 60,313 Posts
    • 42,971 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    A few days ago I purchased an item and the seller has sent the wrong type. Listing is for H4 headlight lamps and they sent HB4.
    Sent them, it's a Toyota dealership, two messages about this without any response to date.
    Opened a not as described through eBay and wish to return. Decided to give them one more chance through messages and cancelled the return request. Still no reply.
    Now I find it is not an option to start another return because I closed the original.
    After all the above ramble, is there a way I can open another return without actully contacting eBay directly?
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    No you can't open another returns request now, why on earth did you cancel it?

You can do a SNAD claim on paypal, which should succeed but you will be expected to return the product at your own cost fully tracked and insured.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    As above.

Open a Paypal case and do NOT close it. Escalate it as soon as you are able and keep a VERY KEEN eye on the timelines Paypal give you.

When they tell you to return it, do so using a method which has a proof of delivery viewable online.

You can use https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns for a help with the returns cost.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

440Posts Today

5,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin