Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 10th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 6,984Posts
    • 30,790Thanks
    charlies_mum
    eBay late delivery defect removal
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    eBay late delivery defect removal 10th Mar 18 at 11:51 AM
    Been given a late delivery defect for something that was sent on 27th Feb with forecast delivery of 1st - 2nd March. Newspaper articles on 1st March for the area show all schools closed due to blizzards

Item was low value large letter so no tracking. Have sent an email but wondered whether anyone had managed to get one removed ?
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
Page 1
    • janb5
    • By janb5 10th Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 1,849 Posts
    • 6,561 Thanks
    janb5
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    Might be worth ringing CS to ask their opinion?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 60,492 Posts
    • 43,112 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    Been given a late delivery defect for something that was sent on 27th Feb with forecast delivery of 1st - 2nd March. Newspaper articles on 1st March for the area show all schools closed due to blizzards

Item was low value large letter so no tracking. Have sent an email but wondered whether anyone had managed to get one removed ?
    Originally posted by charlies_mum
    I'd use live chat, sometimes they seem almost reasonable at removing these lates, you just have to get lucky.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Techno
    • By Techno 10th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    Techno
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    I have exactly the same problem but live chat doesnt seem to be an option, only a phone call so I have sent an email asking politely and given the circumstances whether the defect could be removed. Charlies_mum how did you get on?
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 10th Mar 18, 4:34 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:34 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:34 PM
    I have exactly the same problem but live chat doesnt seem to be an option, only a phone call so I have sent an email asking politely and given the circumstances whether the defect could be removed. Charlies_mum how did you get on?
    Originally posted by Techno
    I'm not getting the live chat or phone option. Under "Removing a defect" I just have send an email or ask the community. No reply to my email yet.

Just had another message from someone asking if I have posted something they bought on 28th Feb. It was posted 1st March second class so can see another late delivery coming.

Did these people not see the weather reports ? Royal Mail obviously has a massive backlog they are trying to clear.
    • This Year
    • By This Year 10th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 5,291 Thanks
    This Year
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    Did these people not see the weather reports ? Royal Mail obviously has a massive backlog they are trying to clear.
    Yes, but if the buyer looks out of their window and they have no snow, obviously there is no problem anywhere else in the country.

These are the same people that are taken by surprise by Christmas every year.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 10th Mar 18, 7:59 PM
    • 7,387 Posts
    • 10,662 Thanks
    KxMx
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:59 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:59 PM
    As a buyer I always take external factors into account, but without confirmation of despatch date I'm in the dark as to how long a wait is reasonable.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 10th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    As a buyer I always take external factors into account, but without confirmation of despatch date I'm in the dark as to how long a wait is reasonable.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    The buyer will have received a despatch date once the seller marks as despatched. Unfortunately, eBay have made no allowance for the weather conditions and have continued to forecast unrealistic delivery dates

Any buyer who confirms late delivery has no concept of the impact the snow had, even if their area was clear.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 10th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    And another "where is my item", that's three in one day

Surely eBay should see there's a problem and suspend the late delivery defect. I've had more in one day than in the past 6 months.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    • 60,492 Posts
    • 43,112 Thanks
    soolin
    And another "where is my item", that's three in one day

Surely eBay should see there's a problem and suspend the late delivery defect. I've had more in one day than in the past 6 months.
    I'm surprised I don't have any yet, I am watching my dashboard like a hawk.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 11th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 7,387 Posts
    • 10,662 Thanks
    KxMx
    The buyer will have received a despatch date once the seller marks as despatched. Unfortunately, eBay have made no allowance for the weather conditions and have continued to forecast unrealistic delivery dates

Any buyer who confirms late delivery has no concept of the impact the snow had, even if their area was clear.
    Marking as despatched doesn't always means despatched though. It can mean label printed and taken to the PO a couple of days later.

Which is why I always re-confirm date if there is an issue.
    • Techno
    • By Techno 13th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    Techno
    I have had a very nice email from ebay customer service saying they will remove the late delivery defect as they have checked my account and can see this is an anomaly - still there though
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
    • goodfella66
    • By goodfella66 14th Mar 18, 6:24 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    goodfella66
    I contacted CS by email too. They replied saying that they remove all bad weather/late delivery defects automatically on a Thursday (not sure whether US or UK time) and if they haven't been removed by then contact them back.
    • goodfella66
    • By goodfella66 14th Mar 18, 2:45 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    goodfella66
    Ebay have already removed my 2 defects so it may be worth checking if they have automatically removed yours.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 14th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    I have managed to get my late delivery strikes removed as I posted before the bad weather

However, I have had a case opened for an item posted within the UK on 5th March and it hadn't arrived. Just had a message to say it arrived this morning, so that's 9 days ! Asked her to close the case but bet I get a late delivery strike.
    Last edited by charlies_mum; 14-03-2018 at 8:16 PM.
    • Moogles44
    • By Moogles44 15th Mar 18, 12:34 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Moogles44
    I have managed to get my late delivery strikes removed as I posted before the bad weather

However, I have had a case opened for an item posted within the UK on 5th March and it hadn't arrived. Just had a message to say it arrived this morning, so that's 9 days ! Asked her to close the case but bet I get a late delivery strike.
    I have 4 not arrived from the 5th March! I rung Royal Mail and they said they had a million held up from snow and working through them.

As long as you posted on time thatís what counts . It shouldnít get to a late delivery strike if you add tracking and tell them straight away.

Hope you get it sorted . Glad to hear yours from the 5th are arriving as I am getting worried
    If you donít like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 15th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    I have 4 not arrived from the 5th March! I rung Royal Mail and they said they had a million held up from snow and working through them.

As long as you posted on time that!!!8217;s what counts . It shouldn!!!8217;t get to a late delivery strike if you add tracking and tell them straight away.

Hope you get it sorted . Glad to hear yours from the 5th are arriving as I am getting worried
    Originally posted by Moogles44
    Unfortunately mine are low value items, so no tracking

Just received a neutral that is obviously meant for someone else, so off to do battle with eBay again.

Another INR case for something posted on 7th March. Royal Mail obviously still has a huge backlog.
    Last edited by charlies_mum; 15-03-2018 at 2:36 PM.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 60,492 Posts
    • 43,112 Thanks
    soolin

As long as you posted on time thatís what counts . It shouldnít get to a late delivery strike if you add tracking and tell them straight away.

Originally posted by Moogles44
    eBay count the delivery date , not the despatch date unfortunately. Even the wording in the seller dashboard refers to late delivery.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 16th Mar 18, 3:07 PM
    • 6,984 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    I have sent a feedback revision to my buyer who has confirmed they left the neutral for the wrong seller, and she will revise

No revision yet, and I had no sales yesterday and only 3 so far today which I think has to be be connected.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,909Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin