Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 9:26 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Veed3779
    Ukcpm ignoring my appeal what to do?
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:26 AM
    Ukcpm ignoring my appeal what to do? 10th Mar 18 at 9:26 AM
    Hi, received a parking notice through the post just before Xmas From ukcpm and followed advice on here as I have done before with this company.
    I used the appeals template as before, i added my new address to the letter as we had moved since and they was currently writing to my old address which car was still registered to.
    I sent appeal off within time limit by recorded delivery and then heard nothing was expecting a rejection but after nearly two months I just received a final notice reminder with no mention of my appeal.

So do I reply telling them they have ignored my appeal or do I just ignore them all together now?
    I know for sure they have read my appeal as they have sent the final reminder to my new address and the only way they would have that was by reading my appeal letter.
    Was thinking they might slip up and reply by saying they have not received my appeal when I could prove that they have.
Page 2
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 13th Mar 18, 2:17 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    OP - out of interest, what were the details of your parking offence?
    Originally posted by bertiewhite
    Received a notice to keeper before Christmas with a terrible picture in the dark of my car parked on road way in an area controlled by cpm, sent an initial appeal using template from the newbie thread, included my new address as notice was sent to old address.
    Heard nothing for around 6 weeks then received a final reminder which was just a duplicate of the original notice but this was sent to my new address.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 14th Mar 18, 8:03 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Received a notice to keeper before Christmas with a terrible picture in the dark of my car parked on road way in an area controlled by cpm,
    Originally posted by Veed3779
    So were you actually parked illegally?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,299 Thanks
    waamo
    What law has the op broken and what gives a private company the right to enforce that law?
    This space for hire.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 14th Mar 18, 8:35 AM
    • 2,316 Posts
    • 4,131 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    @Bertie you don't seem to understand the issues here. "Illegality" suggests statute law whereas this is a contractual dispute.

Illegality needs no meeting of minds. You have either broken a law or not. Contract disputes is where two parties have made an agreement which both understand and where one fails to live up to that promise.

Completely different.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    What law has the op broken and what gives a private company the right to enforce that law?
    Originally posted by waamo
    @Bertie you don't seem to understand the issues here. "Illegality" suggests statute law whereas this is a contractual dispute.

Illegality needs no meeting of minds. You have either broken a law or not. Contract disputes is where two parties have made an agreement which both understand and where one fails to live up to that promise.

Completely different.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    That's what I was trying to ascertain when I asked the question.

So the answer is simply "no" then.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Mar 18, 12:09 PM
    • 36,653 Posts
    • 83,021 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    This is contract or civil law, so the correct term would be unlawful, not illegal.

There, that's my two pedant's worth.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Interesting that this is your usual contribution, including on other threads 'what was the offence?'

You need to open your eyes to the 'outrageous scam'(Hansard 2.2.18) that is the PPC industry.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 15th Mar 18, 8:03 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Interesting that this is your usual contribution, including on other threads 'what was the offence?'
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    That's because I'd like to know why posters have got these fines/notices/whatever in the first place. I don't seem to get anything of the sort.

You need to open your eyes to the 'outrageous scam'(Hansard 2.2.18) that is the PPC industry.
    Do enlighten me....
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 17,653 Posts
    • 27,905 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Do enlighten me....
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Fill yer boots!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 15th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Yes, yes, yes I get that not all fines are fair - which is why I have asked why they were issued in the first place (I don't know why Coupon-mad seems to think this is my usual contribution).

I've never had a parking ticket in my life, because I haven't given anybody reason to give me one so I can't help thinking that at least a small percentage of the cases on MSE must have some grounds for issue?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 11:52 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't know why Coupon-mad seems to think this is my usual contribution
    Because that's all I've noticed from you, more than just once or twice. It's misleading to newbies to ask them about the 'offence' because there is no fine or offence.

It's the parking firms which are offensive.

Forgive me if you have contributed useful info to help victims extract themselves from the 'bloodsuckers' (Hansard again).

I've never had a parking ticket in my life, because I haven't given anybody reason to give me one
    Nor has Umkomaas, AFAIK, and nor have I for about 7 years or so (and that was in a car park with NO SIGNS!). No contract then...complete scam ticket, I've never looked back!

so I can't help thinking that at least a small percentage of the cases on MSE must have some grounds for issue?
    Honestly, NO. Nothing, nada, none of them in the 10+ years I've been on here.

The entire industry is rotten; there are NO decent parking firms we could name.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Mar 18, 6:15 AM
    • 17,653 Posts
    • 27,905 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Nor has Umkomaas, AFAIK,
    Confirmed.

They'd have to be more than on the top of their game to change that ..... and a long way from home!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Mar 18, 8:04 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Because that's all I've noticed from you, more than just once or twice.

Gosh, that many? In more than 900 posts? I'd like to know your definition of "usual" then
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 16th Mar 18, 8:21 AM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    Johnersh
    @bertiewhite FWIW grounds for issue of a ticket are one thing, but, the following are points that cause genuine concern.

1. Entitlement to ticket (there are a number of defective contracts. Even if the driver parks like a Muppet, no contract = no charge, but an invoice is always submitted with basic checks done after the event, which is quite wrong)
    2. Appropriateness of 100 charge
    Almost always the maximum permissible. Why?
    3. Failure to engage in correspondence and inflate charges each time
    When debt collectors are instructed on a no win/no fee basis these charges have simply never been incurred

I may or may not have "deserved" my last ticket - but the process and the speed with which attempted charges were added was nothing short of outrageous (and not part of any contract they claimed to have). It is right to fight them in whole or even in part.

I do wonder if it might be easier for the PPCs to just charge 30 instead if the maximum as they'd probably receive more payments and have to litigate far fewer....
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite

I may or may not have "deserved" my last ticket - but the process and the speed with which attempted charges were added was nothing short of outrageous (and not part of any contract they claimed to have). It is right to fight them in whole or even in part.

I do wonder if it might be easier for the PPCs to just charge 30 instead if the maximum as they'd probably receive more payments and have to litigate far fewer....
    Originally posted by Johnersh
    Fair do's - good reply.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    Quentin
    Gosh, that many? In more than 900 posts? I'd like to know your definition of "usual" then
    You have not made over 900 posts here.

As you well know your posts in this forum do follow a certain pattern (and don't help the worried posters whose threads you choose to post in)
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Mar 18, 9:15 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep

Of course it is. The only way this pest will get a penny is for a judge to find for them.

Judges are not fools, they can recognize a scam when they see one, and the more you fight, the more knots they will turn themselves in.

CM is right, the industry is rotten through and through. Even cash strapped council charge less than these scammers.
    Last edited by The Deep; 16-03-2018 at 9:21 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    You have not made over 900 posts here.
    Originally posted by Quentin
    What does the "940" next to "posts" mean then?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Mar 18, 11:25 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    Quentin
    Why do you ask?

You know exactly the point being made regarding your "contributions" to this forum

No wonder your agenda when posting is raised!
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Mar 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Sorry, I don't understand. The OP has given a coherent answer to my original question and explained a bit more. That should be the end of it, surely?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

874Posts Today

6,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin