Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 9:26 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Veed3779
    Ukcpm ignoring my appeal what to do?
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:26 AM
    Ukcpm ignoring my appeal what to do? 10th Mar 18 at 9:26 AM
    Hi, received a parking notice through the post just before Xmas From ukcpm and followed advice on here as I have done before with this company.
    I used the appeals template as before, i added my new address to the letter as we had moved since and they was currently writing to my old address which car was still registered to.
    I sent appeal off within time limit by recorded delivery and then heard nothing was expecting a rejection but after nearly two months I just received a final notice reminder with no mention of my appeal.

So do I reply telling them they have ignored my appeal or do I just ignore them all together now?
    I know for sure they have read my appeal as they have sent the final reminder to my new address and the only way they would have that was by reading my appeal letter.
    Was thinking they might slip up and reply by saying they have not received my appeal when I could prove that they have.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Mar 18, 9:30 AM
    • 17,630 Posts
    • 27,879 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:30 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:30 AM
    Was thinking they might slip up and reply by saying they have not received my appeal when I could prove that they have.
    Notwithstanding what you say about it being the only way they'd know about your new address, have you checked online that they actually signed for your appeal correspondence? PPCs routinely refuse 'Signed For' mail, as it usually has little good news in the envelope for them!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,845 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    Read up on IPC companies in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Appeals are futile.

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence

If you get this then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    Notwithstanding what you say about it being the only way they'd know about your new address, have you checked online that they actually signed for your appeal correspondence? PPCs routinely refuse 'Signed For' mail, as it usually has little good news in the envelope for them!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Ok I will check the Royal Mail receipt see if I can track it online.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,845 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    Were it undelivered you should have got it back!
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-03-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    We're it undelivered you should have got it back!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Definitely not had it back not had a reply either, last appeal I did for my partner last year again from this forum template I got the standard rejection letter and then lots of the usual bailiff letters which we ignored and they have stopped for now, but nothing for this one.

Iím happy to ignore all the letters that come unless it goes to court, just thought if I could catch them out for ignoring my appeal it might be worth it.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Mar 18, 10:05 AM
    • 35,623 Posts
    • 19,845 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:05 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:05 AM
    When sending an appeal to an IPC company (which is futile) the idea is that you have it on file and can show a judge you didn't simply ignore the matter
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    When sending an appeal to an IPC company (which is futile) the idea is that you have it on file and can show a judge you didn't simply ignore the matter
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Yeah fair point, i will ignore all letters then from now on unless I get one to attend court.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 18, 2:11 PM
    • 57,538 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I sent appeal off within time limit by recorded delivery
    Sorry but why, why, why, why, why give a PPC the chance NOT to sign for a letter?

NO-ONE here tells you to send any letters 'recorded delivery' especially not to PO Boxes, and the most laughable one is when people say they are going to do this - send a letter 'signed for' on a Friday. Expecting a PPC to be there to sign for the thing over the weekend! Jeez!

OMG - NEWBIES - stop using Recorded blinking Delivery.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 10th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 3,291 Posts
    • 4,795 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    Sorry but why, why, why, why, why give a PPC the chance NOT to sign for a letter?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Not just that, but why, why, why doesn't the OP even do the most obvious thing, having not hear anything back, and check it actually got there? After all, isn't that the whole point of tracked mail?
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    No that wasnít the point of me sending recorderd delivery my point on signed for was proof of postage if it ever went to court I had proof that I sent an a appeal and notice wasnít ignored.
    I chose to do that off my own back and itís not an issue really is it all I was asking is shall i ignore the reminder or ask why they did not send a rejection letter this is my 4th dispute with this firm and each time they sent a rejection letter so I just wondered if I should do anything now they have ignored but after advice from earlier on in the thread have decided to ignore further letters.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Mar 18, 6:04 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 6,759 Thanks
    KeithP
    But proof of postage can be obtained at absolutely no cost from any Post Office counter.

Just ask for a free Certificate of Posting.
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    Well I wasn!!!8217;t aware I could as the post office never offered me that service even when I told him I just needed proof of postage but he obviously just wanted my £1.50 but il know for next time thanks.
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 10th Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    Also I did check online to see if it had been signed for and it has been signed by someone at the address the next day so they have just chose to ignore it.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 6,759 Thanks
    KeithP
    Well I wasn!!!8217;t aware I could as the post office never offered me that service even when I told him I just needed proof of postage but he obviously just wanted my £1.50 but il know for next time thanks.
    Originally posted by Veed3779
    Wow!

I'd avoid that PO in future. They also overcharged you.

It's only £1.10 extra for Signed Forģ.

Sounds a bit like private parking companies, doesn't it?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 18, 10:21 PM
    • 57,538 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I chose to do that off my own back
    Not 'back', pleeeeeeeeeease not back:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74000469#post74000469

Yes I know...I am a grammar pedant but THAT PHRASE! Eeeeek!! Clearly it's a sporting phrase and you do things off your own BAT.

Also I did check online to see if it had been signed for and it has been signed by someone at the address the next day so they have just chose to ignore it.
    Keep that proof, printed out, in your file. Might be useful when you have to defend and win a Gladstones claim hearing, on the small claims track, later this year.

You'll have seen when you searched the forum for UKCPM, how common UKCPM Gladstones claims are, but hopefully you will have taken comfort from the fact that we see people win 99% of the time when they stick around and take full advice on all aspects of the defending process. You will be able to read about all the wins, including another yesterday.

We never expect people to lose these cases, and no-one should be paying money to scumbag firms.

But re your letter at this early stage, whilst ALL appeals are futile to IPC firms who 'go through the motions' of a pseudo appeals procedure - when they can be bothered - it is good proof that you acted reasonably and they ignored your appeal. You are lucky they signed for it, because Recorded Delivery is NOT proof of posting if there is no signature (in fact it is the opposite) whereas a certificate of posting shows a letter IS deemed delivered, unless proven to the contrary.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-03-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 12th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    Wow!

I'd avoid that PO in future. They also overcharged you.

It's only £1.10 extra for Signed Forģ.

Sounds a bit like private parking companies, doesn't it?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Certainly does!
    • Veed3779
    • By Veed3779 12th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Veed3779
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;74004643]Not 'back', pleeeeeeeeeease not back:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74000469#post74000469

Yes I know...I am a grammar pedant but THAT PHRASE! Eeeeek!! Clearly it's a sporting phrase and you do things off your own BAT.

Yeah point taken with regards to the bad grammar

I have Read quite a few of the ukcpm threads over last couple of years as this will be my 4th notice with this mob, they operate in a residential car park where I used to live.
    Fortunately I have not had a court claim with any but just in case i will keep all evidence including the delivery signature, and will ignore all further letters unless a court one comes through, thanks for the help.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 13th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    OP - out of interest, what were the details of your parking offence?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin