Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 10th Mar 18, 6:19 AM
    • 3,060Posts
    • 42,107Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Saturday 10th March 2018
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:19 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 10th March 2018 10th Mar 18 at 6:19 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 10th March 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Nelski - if you have any contact with Holly please send our love and hugs, hoping she'll be back amongst us soon having received the best treatment for her x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, but laying water everywhere, it's been raining continuously since tea time last night, and is still going.

DH and myself now enjoying first peaceful cuppas - I'll be going for a shower soon then breakfast.

Dinner last night was a cheeky takeaway - we haven't had one for ages and fancied one, was very nice. Dinner tonight will be liver, bacon, sausage, chips, peas and gravy.

I had a voicemail from the repairers, to say that the engineer's van had broken down so my appointment to get the fridge freezer looked at had been cancelled and they had booked me in for the next available one which is Tuesday next week, rang them back to cancel that but managed to get re-booked for next Friday - I'll see if they turn up then. I'm so pleased I didn't take a day off work to be home, so now will only book this type of appointments on days' when I'm off so if they don't turn up I've not wasted a days' holiday. I have had this before where we've taken a days' holiday stayed in all day and no-one's turned up etc.

I did get the food shopping done just a bit later than normal as at least I knew the engineer wasn't coming by 8.30am so got organised and went straight to the SM, glad I did as it was packed already, now I remember why I go first thing! Once I got home I got going with the washing, drying and ironing, got the hoover ran over the house and I'd got up early and given the kitchen a good clean too so whilst not a show home, it's ok.

Today I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the building society, then home to continue with getting bedding washed and changed, and a few other jobs. We'll be visiting the parents at some point.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 10-03-2018 at 6:36 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 3
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 10th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 3,835 Posts
    • 46,054 Thanks
    camelot1001
    It's been a wet old day today, the hardest rain I've seen for a long time!

What a lovely thought Nelski, please add my name to the card (hope it's a big one, there are a lot of names to go on!), I wish Holly well.

Glad you and your DM enjoyed the afternoon tea Gers, have a lovely evening.

Just had '5 minutes' (well over an hour actually), I went to the allotment earlier but it was so cold and wet I gave up after half an hour.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 10th Mar 18, 6:24 PM
    • 12,426 Posts
    • 39,665 Thanks
    Nelski
    Managed to get through to the ward Holly's on but not much to report apart from she was in her bedroom asleep which hopefully means she has a room to herself but then again after the way they have been making things up so far who knows. I just hope, like everybody does, that she is safe and being treated with compassion.

I know she is going to be cheered up by everyones lovely messages hopefully she wont feel quite so alone.

lol camelot I know ...big card and small writing should do the job. What an amazing group of people we have on here
    Last edited by Nelski; 10-03-2018 at 6:27 PM.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 16,122 Posts
    • 70,083 Thanks
    Judi
    Managed to get through to the ward Holly's on but not much to report apart from she was in her bedroom asleep which hopefully means she has a room to herself but then again after the way they have been making things up so far who knows. I just hope, like everybody does, that she is safe and being treated with compassion.

I know she is going to be cheered up by everyones lovely messages hopefully she wont feel quite so alone.

lol camelot I know ...big card and small writing should do the job. What an amazing group of people we have on here
    Originally posted by Nelski
    I'm wondering if she's got things to do. Books to read? Telly to watch? I think I'd be asleep if I'd got nothing to do but stare at 4 walls.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Mar 18, 6:54 PM
    • 16,122 Posts
    • 70,083 Thanks
    Judi
    Just had a message from my daughter in SA.

"Drove past a man's leg yesterday... Not something you see very often hey !! Tick that off the bucket list !"

Oh dear
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 10th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 12,426 Posts
    • 39,665 Thanks
    Nelski
    I'm wondering if she's got things to do. Books to read? Telly to watch? I think I'd be asleep if I'd got nothing to do but stare at 4 walls.
    Originally posted by Judi
    I'm going to send her a book and some trashy mags Judi till we know how long she going to be there. Hoping they will be keeping her busy or I would be the same as you asleep and bored
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 10th Mar 18, 7:17 PM
    • 12,426 Posts
    • 39,665 Thanks
    Nelski
    Just had a message from my daughter in SA.

"Drove past a man's leg yesterday... Not something you see very often hey !! Tick that off the bucket list !"

Oh dear
    Originally posted by Judi
    oh no hope she's ok x
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 10th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 7,384 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Hi everyone

Nelski please can you add my best wishes & Hopes for a short stay. Holly, imho, has been badly abused by these ‘so called professionals’ & I agree with monnagran why all the cloak & dagger stuff. I am very sad that her GP got overridden - he sounded like he knew how to help Holly & it would appear “they” lied to him as well. The abuse of power is frightening

Rant over, I am in a CBA mood at the moment - a good job my DH isn’t in the same mood
    He has painted the stairwell in a soft grey colour (the whole house except bathroom, kitchen, cloakroom & entrance hall will all be painted in the same colour better than magnolia ). It looks lovely & light

I did manage to wash & dry our clothes from the Dublin trip - no ironing just fold Kondo style & put away. Late lunch was fried eggs on toast (last of the slices of bread from the freezer).

Tonight I will try to get my ‘decluttering & cleaning mojo’ back from wherever it has run away to

Wishing everyone a lovely evening especially Holly.

MrsSD
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 16,122 Posts
    • 70,083 Thanks
    Judi
    He has painted the stairwell in a soft grey colour (the whole house except bathroom, kitchen, cloakroom & entrance hall will all be painted in the same colour better than magnolia ). It looks lovely & light
    Reminds me of about 15 years back, i told Grump i wanted my hall painted soft peach. Like an idiot i left him to choose the paint and get on with it whilst i went out.

I came back horrified. It was orange! Not a nice shade of orange either. I hadnt got the heart to tell him how much i hated it, by this time he'd got half way up the stairs. I put up with it and hated it for at least 10 years.

Honestly, you needed sunglasses to enter the house.

Nelski my daughter is fine. Hosted a childrens party today.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofloveandhope/posts/1825331084143674
    Last edited by Judi; 10-03-2018 at 8:05 PM.
    • karcher
    • By karcher 10th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 1,853 Posts
    • 17,174 Thanks
    karcher
    Holly, I'm thinking of you.
    I so hope you are home safe and well soon.

xx
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 10th Mar 18, 11:33 PM
    • 15,890 Posts
    • 134,690 Thanks
    JackieO
    Mrs SD apparently grey is the go-to colour today, my friend who is trustee in the tiny baby charity said that yesterday at the stall she was on she had several Mums all ask if they sold any baby blankets in grey !!!
    She said No mostly blue ,pink and cream .

My DGD Katie whose little baby is due in two weeks has the baby's nursery all painted in light grey. I am the old fashioned type though, and like baby blues and pinks.

Well, just got home from dinner out with the family at a local curry house and we had such a nice evening and gorgeous food as well.

I had taken one of the pink baby rememberance bells along for Margaret as she had a young neighbour she wanted to give it to who had lost her little girl,, and my son-in-laws sister Fran asked if I would make some for her Christmas tree as rememberance for her Dad, our Frank, who sadly died in January and her pa-in-law Ron, whose funeral we are all off to next Monday.

So I shall make two bright red ones and embroider in black their initial on each one so they can be hung on her tree at Christmas to remember her dad and Pa-in-law that they have lost this year. Bless her she said she would pay for it, but I said no way ,so she is going to make a donation towards the baby charity instead which will be nice I think.

DD has left a small bag with something nice in for me for tomorrow as she has to go down to reopen their caravan in Deal for the coming season and take all their odds and ends down. But I know I shall see my youngest DD at some point in the morning as well.

I do hope HollyH is bearing up OK and Nelski you are a treasure to think of her and I hope you can get all our names on a card ,to show how much we are all hoping and praying for her return to health again. You definitely are a little star Nels, well done honey

Love to all

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Running total for four months food only shopping =£126.24.Freezer stuff slowly going down at last May totals £31.11 freezer and tinned cupboards are going down nicely
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,029Posts Today

7,945Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin