Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Burke16
    • By Burke16 10th Mar 18, 12:23 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Burke16
    Affordable Housing
    • #1
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:23 AM
    Affordable Housing 10th Mar 18 at 12:23 AM
    I currently own a affordable housing flat which I have 70% the other 30% is owned by the local council the property when sold is sold at 70% of the market rate. I am in the process of selling this however now on 2 occasions the sale has fallen through due to no mortgage being available although a 10% being provided. Any advise to help buyer and sell my property?
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    • 33,397 Posts
    • 18,085 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • #2
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    • #2
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    Why? What's the problem?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • jamesperrett
    • By jamesperrett 10th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    jamesperrett
    • #3
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • #3
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    I've been looking at shared ownership schemes recently and it looks like you probably need a specialist mortgage broker who understands these schemes.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 33,397 Posts
    • 18,085 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • #4
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • #4
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    The OP is the vendor of an SO property who seems to be trying to second-guess his buyer's issue(s).
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,030Posts Today

5,882Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin