Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zuzzie
    • By zuzzie 9th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    zuzzie
    Kindle fire 3rd generation query
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    Kindle fire 3rd generation query 9th Mar 18 at 10:10 PM
    I've used my Kindle Fire tablet when on holiday to access the internet on free Wifi in hotels etc.. However, today my OH was stuck in an airport terminal with a flight delay so he tried to use my Kindle but access to the free Wifi was denied with a message stating that the public access was not secure. We don't use the Kindle to do anything other than read books or access the internet to read newspapers. Is there any way around this? Technically, it rendered the tablet completely useless!

Kindle uses the 'Silk' browser - maybe I should download something else?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Mar 18, 12:13 AM
    • 31,596 Posts
    • 19,939 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:13 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:13 AM
    I've used my Kindle Fire tablet when on holiday to access the internet on free Wifi in hotels etc.. However, today my OH was stuck in an airport terminal with a flight delay so he tried to use my Kindle but access to the free Wifi was denied with a message stating that the public access was not secure. We don't use the Kindle to do anything other than read books or access the internet to read newspapers. Is there any way around this? Technically, it rendered the tablet completely useless!

Kindle uses the 'Silk' browser - maybe I should download something else?
    Originally posted by zuzzie
    The warning about it being unsecure was just that, could he still not carried on and used the kindle ?

It can still be used as a e book reader so not useless.

A change of browser probably wouldnt change anything, maybe a vpn would have been of use.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • zuzzie
    • By zuzzie 10th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zuzzie
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    Yes, I see what you mean. Guess I have to accept that security is the most important thing. Thanks for your help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,595Posts Today

6,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin