Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:22 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eurofinee
    EUro car parking fine retail park
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:22 PM
    EUro car parking fine retail park 9th Mar 18 at 9:22 PM
    Hello guys today I got a fine I The lo st first or overstaying in a car park, I stayed for 2 hours and I went over due by like 5-10 minutes so the sign said if stayed longer than expected pay for additional hours before leaving so I did I popped another pound in and it took my mind only an s didn’t give me another receipt I didn’t think nothing of it jumped in my car and left “you type once you’re reg” so coming home you see I received a fine I was shocked and raged. Before I send my appeal and stuff need some tips on how to word it I’ve been here before and the ticket machines on the car park are always breaking it’s actually taken money off me and haven’t but have me a ticket around 4 times total now but this time I got a ticket? When signing up to complain and Appeal it’s asking for personal details like mundane name and stuff should i fill it out correctly? The websites “eurocarparks”
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    The 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread is where you need to start reading.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    Oh my gosh my spelling mistakes in this lmfao I!!!8217;m so mad I can!!!8217;t even text properly hopefully you can make sense of it lol need help since I!!!8217;m a rookie to all this kind of stuff and scared of getting into debt over this !!!! or bad credit
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    Yeah I started to read it read most but it said never give ur name or details but to appeal this I have to type in my personal information? !!!8220;Eurocarparks!!!8221; so not sure if I should put my real details or what? Or is it okay if I don!!!8217;t mention who was driving ?
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    And why when I talk it keeps replacing the words with number like that? Only once I press send?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Mar 18, 9:40 PM
    • 7,232 Posts
    • 6,743 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:40 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:40 PM
    And why when I talk it keeps replacing the words with number like that? Only once I press send?
    Originally posted by Eurofinee
    It's a 'feature' of this forum that cannot cope with Smart Punctuation sent from a iphone/ipad.

To make your posts easier to read here you might want to consider turning Smart Punctuation off or using a different device.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    Of course you must put in your name and address as registered keeper (DO NOT CHOOSE DRIVER).

The issue is with the forum which dislikes a type of punctuation format - don't use a phone.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    Okay thank you Keith so is it okay to enter my personal details into the appeal? Eurocarparks website
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    Oh okay thank you was just making sure I!!!8217;m stupid when it comes to this stuff
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 9th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    SO WHen I tell them the reason for being late should I tell them the truth about paying and not getting a ticket to extend my stay or what the template tells me to say?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 35,622 Posts
    • 19,830 Thanks
    Quentin
    You will have seen that throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Mar 18, 9:58 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    SO WHen I tell them the reason for being late should I tell them the truth about paying and not getting a ticket to extend my stay or what the template tells me to say?
    Do not use your own words, use the template.

Your version tells them who was driving!

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 7,232 Posts
    • 6,743 Thanks
    KeithP
    Just send the blue appeal text from the NEWBIES thread that Coupon-mad directed you towards.
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 10th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    Should I copy and send the template for exactly how it is?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 10th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 1,548 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Should I copy and send the template for exactly how it is?
    Just send the blue appeal text from the NEWBIES thread that Coupon-mad directed you towards.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Looks like a YES then.
    • Eurofinee
    • By Eurofinee 10th Mar 18, 11:08 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eurofinee
    Is there a high chance this will work? They have photos of me enetering and leaving with times I don!!!8217;t want to get into trouble should I just pay for it
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 35,622 Posts
    • 19,830 Thanks
    Quentin
    Have you read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread?

The Idea behind the initial appeal is to get a popla code

You now need to follow the advice in #11. Edit your op and your latest one!

This is a bill you are disputing. No question of getting into trouble!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Mar 18, 11:29 AM
    • 8,500 Posts
    • 8,810 Thanks
    pogofish
    Is there a high chance this will work? They have photos of me enetering and leaving with times I don!!!8217;t want to get into trouble should I just pay for it
    Please read the Newbies Sticky - PROPERLY! All your questions are answered comprehensively.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is there a high chance this will work?
    No-one here has EVER paid Euro Car Parks. So stop panicking.

No, it doesn't get it cancelled at this early stage, it's a stepping stone to POPLA.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,990Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin