Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shadow0ftheday
    • By Shadow0ftheday 9th Mar 18, 7:50 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shadow0ftheday
    Private parking ticket, Court threat
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:50 PM
    Private parking ticket, Court threat 9th Mar 18 at 7:50 PM
    Hey!
    I've had a good read through the information that was advised and there's some great stuff on there but i'm just looking for some advice on what to do in my case. Allegedly the car was claimed as overstayed by 20 or so minutes in a private car park run by Countrywide Parking management. They have photographs of the reg plate, but there was no notice affixed to the windscreen (the letter received claimed there was in the small print). When I first received the letters, I ignored them partly because they seemed as though they were fraudulent, given that they mis-spelled the registered keepers street name and addressed the title incorrectly. I have obtained pictures of the signage which is poor considering the alleged overstay took place when the car park was dark, and the signs are completely unlit. The letter arrived a month after the alleged overstay.
    There has been no admittance that I was driving the car or in any way at fault. I now realise i was wrongly advised to ignore the letters and it has reached the stage where the company have enlisted Gladstones solicitors to chase me and threaten me with court.
    Obviously i know i need to be prepared for when i eventually receive the summons to court. I have read through the drafts but I am not very good with these things and could really use some help to know where to start and what to do.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Shadow0ftheday; 09-03-2018 at 8:03 PM. Reason: remove details
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 35,573 Posts
    • 19,789 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    If you have read the newbies faq thread then you should know the advice never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you

How to deal with a lbcca (if that is what you now have) is covered in the FAQ #2

Same post for advice on preparing a defence
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 18,113 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    a few inaccuracies above in post #1

for a start they are not alleging that a person was there, they are alleging that the vehicle with the VRM ref of AB123XYZ was there and that a driver was at fault in some manner that infringed the onsite rules

they have no idea who was driving , so are harassing the keeper

this is a civil matter so no "summons" will be sent , it is dealt with in the civil courts by means of an MCOL from the claimant or their solicitors

if gladstones have indeed been engaged they are required to send a formal LBC under the new guidelines from oct 2017 , so if you have one of these then respond as per post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

if this so called "gladstones" letter is actually from DRP or a debt collector , then gladrags didnt send it and have no current involvement , so check it carefully to see if its a debt letter or an actual LBC

any MCOL will come from Northampton CCBC and eventually your local civil county court will deal with it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Shadow0ftheday
    • By Shadow0ftheday 9th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shadow0ftheday
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    I have edited is that better?
    ill have a look at that there was a lot of information to take on and i guess im just a bit overwhelmed xD
    • Shadow0ftheday
    • By Shadow0ftheday 9th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shadow0ftheday
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    a few inaccuracies above in post #1

for a start they are not alleging that a person was there, they are alleging that the vehicle with the VRM ref of AB123XYZ was there and that a driver was at fault in some manner that infringed the onsite rules

they have no idea who was driving , so are harassing the keeper

this is a civil matter so no "summons" will be sent , it is dealt with in the civil courts by means of an MCOL from the claimant or their solicitors

if gladstones have indeed been engaged they are required to send a formal LBC under the new guidelines from oct 2017 , so if you have one of these then respond as per post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

if this so called "gladstones" letter is actually from DRP or a debt collector , then gladrags didnt send it and have no current involvement , so check it carefully to see if its a debt letter or an actual LBC

any MCOL will come from Northampton CCBC and eventually your local civil county court will deal with it
    Originally posted by Redx

I have not actually received an LBC yet, but another threat of court if payment is not made, shall i just hang tight until i receive one? been studying the newbie thread in the mean time so im not clueless. Just wondering if theres anything else I can do for now other than just wait.

Thanks.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    • 18,113 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    the letter is probably from DRP and says they may refer it back to their client for possible court proceedings

post #4 of that thread deals with ignoring debt collectors and their letters

you are the person saying that it is from GLADSTONES, but although it may have their letterhead you have no proof that its from them, if it says pay DRP then its a DRP letter

in which case, IGNORE

and read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

a formal LBC or an MCOL from Northampton are what you need to deal with in the future (nobody here is interested in debt collector letters)
    Last edited by Redx; 09-03-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Shadow0ftheday
    • By Shadow0ftheday 9th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shadow0ftheday
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    Thank you for the fast reply. I've been at work so I will study the letter as soon as I'm home. So I guess I'll hang tight until I get an Lbc or Mcol.
    I'm probably worrying too much but I've never done anything like this before.
    Thanks for your help !
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    but I've never done anything like this before.
    Nor have Countrywide Parking Management Ltd!

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Countrywide_Parking_Management.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin