Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • liuping
    • By liuping 9th Mar 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    liuping
    DRP Notice
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:46 PM
    DRP Notice 9th Mar 18 at 5:46 PM
    I have received a DRP Notice again. I should throw it into[IMG][/IMG] rubbish bin after searching the case like this. But also, I am some frie frigtened. Should I neglect it?

It saied If I haven't paid, they may take me to court and something like that;...

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    DRP cannot take you to court, only the parking company can do so

IGNORE drp

read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,661 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    Liuping, don't throw away any letters that allege you owe money until after the threat has gone away.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,772 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    I have received a DRP Notice again. I should throw it into[IMG][/IMG] rubbish bin after searching the case like this. But also, I am some frie frigtened. Should I neglect it?

It saied If I haven't paid, they may take me to court and something like that;...

Thank you.
    Originally posted by liuping
    As you already know, DRP are only sewer living creatures
    and to be ignored.
    Every now and then they vomit out rubbish letters looking
    for mugs. They are the mugs ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    • 9,204 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 35,594 Posts
    • 19,809 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    See "READ THIS BEFORE STSARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT DRP"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    • liuping
    • By liuping 10th Mar 18, 12:01 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    liuping
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:01 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 12:01 AM
    OK!!!65292;actually I have read some post before, Just lack of confident.

Thank you all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,017Posts Today

7,957Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin