Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saxonman
    • By saxonman 9th Mar 18, 5:20 PM
    • 304Posts
    • 91Thanks
    saxonman
    chilblains
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:20 PM
    chilblains 9th Mar 18 at 5:20 PM
    Any sufferers of chilblains in fingers. I'm after advice on now to treat them, I've only just started with them. all advice so far is keep warm. easier said then done in a old drafty farmhouse and when you work outside a lot. any good lotions/creams to ease the itching and redness ?
    Thanks for any help.
    SAXONMAN
Page 1
    • Tolteca87
    • By Tolteca87 9th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 2,853 Thanks
    Tolteca87
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    Rutin tablets from the health food shop worked for me.
    • choille
    • By choille 11th Mar 18, 3:44 AM
    • 5,365 Posts
    • 27,763 Thanks
    choille
    • 11th Mar 18, 3:44 AM
    • 11th Mar 18, 3:44 AM
    The nappy rash cream - sudofed really works for me.

Sorry - think it's called Sudocreme or something.
    Last edited by choille; 11-03-2018 at 1:35 PM.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 24,248 Posts
    • 95,791 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    There's stuff called Snowfire that works really well.

And make sure you wear lots of warm clothing - especially thermal underwear that goes down to your knees or ankles (glamorous, eh?). There are places where you really don't want to get chilblains.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 11,050 Posts
    • 29,456 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    I work in the cold and wet day in and day out

I wear pair of the thinnest thermal gloves I can find and then wear a pair of marigolds over the top

Also never ever come in from the cold and try to warm hands in front of the fire or rad, let them warm up in their own time. I can be sat here with hands like ice two hours after I get home but I let them warm up in their own time and so far, no chilblains
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 15th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    I swear by Balmosa - bought over the counter from a pharmacy.
    You can use it when the chilblains are small/not that painful as a precautionary measure or like I did this year, as a pain releaving measure.
    Life saver!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin