Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lorryw
    • By lorryw 9th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    • 104Posts
    • 21Thanks
    lorryw
    PPI repayment and tax
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    PPI repayment and tax 9th Mar 18 at 2:44 PM
    I have just received a letter from Lloyds to tell me I will be receiving a refund of just over 2000 for missold PPI .The letter detailing the amount is complicated and includes numerous abbreviations etc.
    After reading the letter several times I notice that 300 has been deducted because " the gross interest will count towards your personal savings allowance' Is that usual?
Page 1
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1,055 Posts
    • 884 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    Yes its usual.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 9th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 5,197 Posts
    • 5,734 Thanks
    societys child
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    I have just received a letter from Lloyds to tell me I will be receiving a refund of just over 2000 for missold PPI .The letter detailing the amount is complicated and includes numerous abbreviations etc.
    After reading the letter several times I notice that 300 has been deducted because " the gross interest will count towards your personal savings allowance' Is that usual?
    Originally posted by lorryw
    They should deduct 20% for the tax man. If you're a higher rate tax payer, you should contact HMRC because you owe more, but if you're a none tax payer, you can claim it back.

• amersall
    • By amersall 9th Mar 18, 7:13 PM
    • 15,251 Posts
    • 18,853 Thanks
    amersall
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:13 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:13 PM
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/income-tax-claim-for-repayment-of-tax-deducted-from-savings-and-investments-r40

• lorryw
    • By lorryw 10th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    lorryw
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    Thank you for the information.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

7,918Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin