Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 9th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    • 3,401Posts
    • 1,937Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Royal Mail performance following snow
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    Royal Mail performance following snow 9th Mar 18 at 12:06 PM
    Royal Mail performance following snow

Although some mail seemed to get moving pretty quick after the snow, there seems to be some clusters of second class post still only just being delivered or still being chased up now. We're in one of the areas affected by snow but were able to drop off to post offices daily during the snow.

Does anyone else experience this phenomena of new mail "over-taking" back-logged mail?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Page 1
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 9th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 4,580 Posts
    • 3,942 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    I have also found that. Guessing that the old mail delays can be written off because of the snow. While the new mail counts towards their performance indicators without any leeway because of the backlog.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 9th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 3,401 Posts
    • 1,937 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    I will think about raising a complaint to Royal Mail, obviously not about the weather, (I'm sure that will be what they blame) but this leap frogging of mail and the immense problems this causes a business. Joe public (no offense to anyone lol) simply doesn't understand how mail can leapfrog like this and people chomping at the bit for their items and not waiting to leave bad feedback...
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Gary123456790
    • By Gary123456790 9th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Gary123456790
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    Yup i've seen this - had an item take around a week to deliver (was dropped off at a sorting office during bad snow so i expected it to be slow) and meanwhile items dropped off days after (once snow had gone) were delivered earlier.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 3,401 Posts
    • 1,937 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    The public understands "a backlog". They don't understand "prioritisation due to statistics" and the apparent unfairness of that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

617Posts Today

5,820Users online

Martin's Twitter