Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brentg
    • By Brentg 9th Mar 18, 11:47 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Brentg
    Getting out of a joint membership
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:47 AM
    Getting out of a joint membership 9th Mar 18 at 11:47 AM
    Hi. I piggybacked onto my partners gym membership and we then had a joint membership. Now my partner has decided to quit gym and moved house they have cancelled hers but now chasing me for the remainder of her 12 month contract. Stating I've cancelled direct debit mandate and in breach of contract. Yet it didn't come out of my bank and it was her 12 month contract. Can they now chase and expect me to honour her initial contract that I joined onto half way through.
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 5,663 Posts
    • 18,660 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    The short answer is .....

what does it say in the terms and conditions.
    It could be that you are both liable or just one.

Have you been into the gym to talk to them? What did they say?
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Brentg
    • By Brentg 9th Mar 18, 12:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brentg
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:11 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:11 PM
    They have cancelled her side due to moving and have said I'm still liable. Spoke with them today.
    I have to pay till her original 12.months runs out. But I joined part way through. Seems barmy that I'm liable and responsible for her contract
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 9,324 Posts
    • 57,513 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    Did you sign anything when you joined
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Brentg
    • By Brentg 9th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brentg
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    Yes to say I'm joining a joint membership. And payment came from her account as she was main signatory.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,753Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin